• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App with sub-sub-sub-...-sublist?

GrouchoM

Android Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2012
Are there any apps (preferably free) with (near) infinitely deep sublist capability? Most list apps seem to go 3-4 deep. Here's an example along one path into decending sublists:
Home
.Tasks
..BigTicket$
...Kitchen
....Appliances
.....Dishwasher
......Brand/Model
.......Features
........Relative Importance of feature

If your objective is to store plain text files, why not use the extremely flexible file system Android offers? I think using directories and subdirectories is the way to go. All you need is a file manager and a text editor.
I'm more looking for a list generating app like Noodles, Wunderlist, Gnotes, Colornotes, Keep,... that allow rapid generation and rapid checking/striking of entries. This can be accomplished in a mindmapping app like MindJet but I'd like something more "traditional".

Upvote 0
Looks like Tasks will do what you want. And it syncs with Google Tasks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.teamtasks.tasks

e7aquryq.jpg

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
KeepassDroid is the android version of Keepass, it is a password manager but may be exactly what you are looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.keepass

It allows you to create entries, you can create many subgroups, then you can create separate entries at any subgroup level.

It has fields you can title or comment on, only catch is you may have to add a single digit in a required field like password, dont know if it will save a record without it.

All that aside the database will be secure and you can also host the database on a cloud provider that supports your android device and access it from a home computer as well using Keepass for desktops

KeePass Password Safe desktop client

Give it a try and see if it fits your needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones