• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App works fine in 2.3 Version android device but shows IO Exception in 4.0 version device

Sir,
I am new to android.My company has given me a project for analyzing which is developed using Eclipse and android (all Latest software) using platform: 2.2 and API level: 8 and given me two Android devices which are 2.3 version and 4.0 version for testing the application. At the time of developing they got only one device which is of version 2.3. In my project i am connecting to the server using SOAP service and getting the response in XML format which i am parsing and using in the UI.

I found that the application after installing works fine as expected in 2.3 version device but it fails to work in 4.0 version device. I am using the same application in both cases. In my debug I found that the XML response which i should get from the server is coming as aNULL value and gives IO Exception. I have changed the "Android Project build target" to 4.0 in "Project properties" and also checked whether "ksoap jar" files are added and are latest.. Everything is fine but I don't understand why application is working fine in 2.3 device, but fails in 4.0 device?
Please can anyone tell me what is the mistake which gives NULL value and an IO Exception for 4.0 version android device where works fine for 2.3 version. Is there any change in the methodologies from 2.3 to 4.0 ?
I have changed the target to latest but it does not work instead should i develop the whole application by taking fresh new project with target 4.1 from the first..?? Please suggest..

Thanking you...
Vinay

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones