• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AppBrain problem...

WizeGuyDezignz

Android Expert
Apr 18, 2010
San Diego
So I just did a factory reset and made sure I backed everything up, etc. One of the first things I did was install AppBrain so I could reinstall all of my apps.

When I open AppBrain on my phone, none of my apps show up to install. I keep hitting sync and it doesn't bring up anything. I logged into my AppBrain account on their website and all of my apps show up and next to all of them it says "Cancel install".

What is going wrong? Is there any way I can install all of the apps from the website? I would hate to have to download and install each app separately. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The default folder has changed. When you log in online you should see two folders now. Your old one is called Apps On The Phone. The new one is called HTC Droid Incredible (or something like that).

So you just need to move all your apps from the first one over to the new folder, sync up again and start installing from there.

I'm having the exact same problem. Just before I did the reset, I had read that you need to make a new list in appbrain and move the apps you want re-installed into it. So I made a list and named it "pre-reset" and moved the apps I wanted to install into it. Now I have two lists in appbrain, my "Apps on phone" list and the "pre-reset" list, they contain mostly the same apps, but I can't get either to sync. I don't have any list called "HTC Incredible" or anything like it. Just those tow.

Any idea how I screwed up? LOL

EDIT: I figured it out, Thanks! I had appbrains "my app" page open in my computer browser before the reset, and just needed to refresh the page for the new "HTC Phone" list to show up.

Upvote 0
AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games... not working when I try to log in? Gives me a server error. I did the same thing... had to do a factory reset and only a few of my apps were showing up on the phone's app brain program. I tried to log into the web site to see if my apps were there before doing the reset, I have been getting a server error 500 for 3 days. Is the site working?

Upvote 0
the default folder has changed. When you log in online you should see two folders now. Your old one is called apps on the phone. The new one is called htc droid incredible (or something like that).

So you just need to move all your apps from the first one over to the new folder, sync up again and start installing from there.

how does one move all the apps from one folder to the other????

Thanks!!

--FIGURED IT OUT!!

New Question- why is it asking me to re-purchase things that I already purchased once before?? wtf??

Upvote 0
The default folder has changed. When you log in online you should see two folders now. Your old one is called Apps On The Phone. The new one is called HTC Droid Incredible (or something like that).

OMG Thank YOU Terabethia! :D this has caused me a bit of frustration not being able to download my old apps from appbrain onto the Atrix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones