• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Apple earbuds not working anymore

shibru

Lurker
May 9, 2016
As the title suggests, my earbuds stopped working today on my phone.

I tested the earbuds with all my other various devices (laptop, tablet, PSP, Vita, and 3DS), and the earbuds work just fine. It's only my phone that won't play audio through the earbuds.

I also tested my studio headphones that I use with my laptop and my car auxiliary cord on my phone, and both of those work just as fine as my earbuds do with my other devices.

I don't understand what's happening. Neither my phone nor my earbuds have any issues (well, my earbuds are nearly two years old and so it's a bit worn out but they still work well).

In addition, when I would listen to my music through my phone while working out, my phone would sometimes pause and unpause the music and even switch songs while the phone is locked and tucked inside my pocket. I even disabled the Moto feature where the phone would display the time and other various notifications (the "notify-at-a-glance" feature).

Your Earbuds are failing, the fact that music would pause occasionally is the real clue... A 4th conductor is used on headphones with a mic and various short/ground combinations active things like pause/play functions. It is a physical electrical problem, time for new Earbuds.

So, why is it able to work properly on my other devices? Is it because those devices don't use the mic function on my earbuds?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones