1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Apple earbuds not working anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shibru, May 9, 2016.

1. shibru

shibru Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    As the title suggests, my earbuds stopped working today on my phone.

I tested the earbuds with all my other various devices (laptop, tablet, PSP, Vita, and 3DS), and the earbuds work just fine. It's only my phone that won't play audio through the earbuds.

I also tested my studio headphones that I use with my laptop and my car auxiliary cord on my phone, and both of those work just as fine as my earbuds do with my other devices.

I don't understand what's happening. Neither my phone nor my earbuds have any issues (well, my earbuds are nearly two years old and so it's a bit worn out but they still work well).

In addition, when I would listen to my music through my phone while working out, my phone would sometimes pause and unpause the music and even switch songs while the phone is locked and tucked inside my pocket. I even disabled the Moto feature where the phone would display the time and other various notifications (the "notify-at-a-glance" feature).

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    Your Earbuds are failing, the fact that music would pause occasionally is the real clue... A 4th conductor is used on headphones with a mic and various short/ground combinations active things like pause/play functions. It is a physical electrical problem, time for new Earbuds.

3. shibru

shibru Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    So, why is it able to work properly on my other devices? Is it because those devices don't use the mic function on my earbuds?

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    Yes, exactly.

Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen)

The third generation Moto G was announced in India in July of 2015 (it became available for purchase that same day). The Moto G 3rd Gen features a 5.0-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 410 processor, 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, 13MP rear/5 MP front facing cameras, 2,470 mAh battery, and is IPX7 certified against water/dust.