• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Apple headphones w/ mic?

akronhammer

Jul 3, 2010
I've read around that the Apple headphones with the microphone do not work with the X. But all the threads I've read that from are from a while ago.

What I've learned is that apparently other headphones with mics will work but these will not pickup your voice through the mic, and the volume and click buttons will not work.

My question to you is, did anybody get these headphones to work with the mic and buttons? How did you get it to work?

It seems to me that it is a software issue because other headphones will work, so has anybody configured there phone in a way to make it happen?

I started using my brother's apple headphones with the mic and button the other day. I have been using poweramp as a music player since I have problems with the Droid X stock music player freezing my phone or not recognizing files. PowerAmp has the option to allow headphone buttons to control the player; switch songs, etc. I have tried it, and it does work. I am not sure about the microphone though. What would you want to use the headphone mic for? When I updated Poweramp, I think it may have reset that button control setting, because the other day, I plugged in the headphones, hit the headphone button to change a track, and it opened the Droid X stock music player and started playing a different song at the same time that PowerAmp was playing another song. It was really strange hearing two songs playing at the same time from 2 different music players in the same headphones haha. I didn't know what was going on until I saw both player symbols in the status bar. haha.

Upvote 0
The apple headphone will not work with the Droid X.
I use the Motorola EH-25 headphones with it. They have a mic button and a click button. The mic works very well and the click button works to answer a call, pause music etc.
The EH-25 phones go into your ear just like the apple ones do. If you prefer headphones that go into your ear canal and block external sounds, you might look at the Motorola EH-20. Same mic and click button but a style that goes into the ear canal.
Both can be found on the internet for less than $20.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones