• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Application to make a custom sound/alert go off when SLIDER keyboard is open/close?

hext

Lurker
Mar 16, 2010
Is there an application (or one in the works) that will allow us to apply a sound effect to the slider opening and closing?
Maybe base it off of when the screen rotates + keyboard lights up?

I would love to apply 2 seperate notifications. One for open and one for close.

Anyone got an application like this in the works or know of one that would work on Samsung Moment?

I know there is a notification for when you unplug the power, but I'd love to have 2 seperate from that for JUST the slider.
I can't believe we can't modify seperate notification sounds custom without apps.

Its a tad bit more complicated then that. So say you have the sound you want. Great.

Well you need to find where the default file is stored, and what it is named.

Then make a copy of it, to back it up with adb shell

#cat /system/media/audio/filename.ogg > /sdcard/filename.ogg

Then you remove the default file, from its default location, using the "rm" command.

#rm /system/media/audio/filename.ogg

That's not where it is, just an example of what the command would look like.
Then you would take the sound you like, and rename it to EXACTLY WHAT THE DEFAULT FILE WAS. Very important here. Then you put that file exactly where the old one was, using the cat command again, but reversed.

#cat /sdcard/filename.ogg > /system/media/audio/filename.ogg

Presto, your done.

Now keep in mind, you can brick your phone doing this. Quite easily in fact. So you have been warned. Also, the code lines I gave you are only examples. It may not even be an ogg file. I really don't know. Haven't looked. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones