• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AppRequest website is live

For the past few months, I've been enjoying the posts and content here on the Android Forums forum. When appropriate, I've replied with a comment or link to where people can find an app for a given purpose. I feel that the time has come to unleash a personal project of mine on the world.

As a frustrated app developer myself, I've had plenty of ideas for apps that, for one reason or another, have not become reality. Instead of continually shoving these apps into a random folder on my hard drive, I decided to share them with the world in a public manner. I started a website for just this purpose.

The website is AppRequest. It's a giant online database of apps that have been imagined, sketched, written up or otherwise visualized somehow but don't actually exist yet. The website is open for submissions to everybody. I've made the login process as simple as possible using Facebook Connect.

Basically, if you are like me and have great ideas for apps but no way to make them a reality, submit them to AppRequest and unleash your idea on the world. It's my hope that developers will begin to scour the App Request database and turn these formerly imaginary ideas into fully realized ones that we can actually download.

I'm open to all comments, questions and criticisms you may have of the site. AppRequest will only improve as time goes by so I'd love the feedback of everybody here.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones