• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Not Appearing on Home Screen

I just created this account to get some help on this issue.

I just reset my entire phone back to factory default settings after installing Android 7.0 on my LG Stylo 2. Ever since installing this update I've had nothing but problems. Anyway, I restarted it, deleted all the bloatware that came with my phone, and I went to install, well rather update Facebook on my phone. I deleted the space saver Facebook icon that was already on my phone, and when I updated the app, it is not showing up on my home screen. My phone does not have an app drawer like most other android phones, it is very iPhone iOS style, where all the apps once downloaded goes straight to the home screens. Any help is appreciated, it is very annoying and frustrating. Thanks.

I thought there was a trick for bringing the app drawer back on LG phones without it (other than just installing a different launcher, which is what I'd do myself).

I've not used this phone, but the first thing I'd try is pressing and holding an empty bit of the desktop - that should bring up a list of options, hopefully including adding an app.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, the app drawer icon on my son's LG device was nearly transparent with a dark background. As a result I almost didn't see it in the list of widgets when I accidentally deleted it one time. Failing this, I would vote with Hadron and install a different launcher. I can recommend the Nova launcher.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0
I had actually just figured it out not too long ago after I tried everything. As for the launcher, yeah it has no app drawer whatsoever, not even one that I could miss.

Anyway, for anyone else having similar issues here's what I did that seemed to have fixed my issue:

1) Went and opened up the Settings app
2) Scrolled over to Display
3) Opened the Home Screen Settings menu
4) Tapped on the Sort Apps By Menu
5) Sorted the apps Alphabetically.

This brought up a few hidden apps that were nowhere on my phone, including Facebook and Facebook Messenger. Hopefully if anyone else has similar issues with the same sort of phone (Stylo 2 or LG in general), will find this helpful. I know I hate seeing help threads where the OP figures it out then but does not post how.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones