• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps on SD Card

D

Deleted User

For the past couple of days, all the apps I have installed on my SD card do not show up in the Android Market's "My Apps" section. It only shows apps in internal memory. Apps that I have purchased, like MyBackup Pro show up as not installed in "My Apps". However, they do work when I open the app from the app drawer.

I have had this problem before but usually a reboot fixes things. However, it hasn't cleared up yet. Has anyone seen this? If it weren't for AppBrain, I wouldn't be able to tell if any apps on my SD card have an update.

I am rooted and used Titanium Backup to force some apps from internal memory to the SD card. I am not sure if SD apps not showing up in "My Apps" in the Android Market started when I first moved an app with Titanium. Not sure if me doing that somehow broke the Android Market from recognizing apps on the SD card.

Hello all, I am new to Android so I will get straight to the point. Just purchased LG Phoenix from AT&T and love it. One problem though. After downloading a few apps from the Market, I got a "Low Memory" notification, so I thought....move apps to sd card to free up internal memory. Moved apps to sd card just fine but after a while when I would go to use them again, instead of the apps logo all or some of them would have the Android logo. When I would go to tap on them to open, it would display the message "Application not installed on phone". I would then delete shortcut icon and redownload. I have done this a couple of times now and I'm getting worried that something else is going on. Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
Hello all, I am new to Android so I will get straight to the point. Just purchased LG Phoenix from AT&T and love it. One problem though. After downloading a few apps from the Market, I got a "Low Memory" notification, so I thought....move apps to sd card to free up internal memory. Moved apps to sd card just fine but after a while when I would go to use them again, instead of the apps logo all or some of them would have the Android logo. When I would go to tap on them to open, it would display the message "Application not installed on phone". I would then delete shortcut icon and redownload. I have done this a couple of times now and I'm getting worried that something else is going on. Can anyone help?

Kind of sounds like they are being uninstalled instead of moved to the SDcard???

Upvote 0

I have had this happen right after I turn on my phone. It takes a while for it to recognize apps on the SD card. Have you tried rebooting your phone when this happens? Obviously not a good solution, but just curious what happens when you do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones