• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Archos 10 8GB

gmsmiles

Lurker
Apr 26, 2011
I am looking at buying Archos 10 8gb tablet. I would like to know if anyone has one.

Do you like it?
Have you had any problems with it?
Is it easy to use?
Can you use transfer your apps on your phone to your tablet?

I am trying to decided if I should go with this tablet or another android tablet or going with an ipad2.

I want to use my tablet to search the internet, play some games, read the news and books and I dont know whatelse.

Thank you :)

I am looking at buying Archos 10 8gb tablet. I would like to know if anyone has one.

A Gen8 or Gen9 tablet? I have the older Gen8 tablet, not the newer Gen9.

Do you like it?

Yes

Have you had any problems with it?

Nope. Works just fine.

Is it easy to use?

Yes. It works like a big Android phone.

Can you use transfer your apps on your phone to your tablet?

Maybe. Not all apps will work with the larger screen or with the version of Android. You will may have to "side load" some of the apps (i.e. not get them through the normal app stores).

I am trying to decided if I should go with this tablet or another android tablet or going with an ipad2.

I want to use my tablet to search the internet, play some games, read the news and books and I dont know whatelse.

Then the Archos should work for you.

I do all those things with my Archos 101 now. The only thing that the Gen8 had an issue with is the stuff that needed more horsepower to do (like YouTube and many Flash things). The Gen9 is supposed to have more power and should be able to run Flash stuff better.

Archos makes a great media tablet (for watching movies, reading books, light web surfing) that also works for most games. But it won't work well if you are expecting a mini-laptop. Again, the Gen9 is supposed to address issues like that.

Upvote 0
If this is all you want to do then get the iPad. Android tablets are nice and all, but are quirky and if that's all you want to do, the iPad 1/2 excels at everything you listed. It also is faster (iPad 2) by a whole ghz. Even the iPad one will feel faster than this android tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones