• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

are you getting the X because you want people to drool and gawk over your phone?

I want it because of the huge screen! If other people are drooling over it, that's a bonus...but I will be the one drooling!! And I can't wait to have a phone that lasts a whole day and I don't have to worry about going on the internet twice during the day...my Eris battery just seems to be getting worse.

Upvote 0
I am not interested in bragging rights.
I am interested in the DX because of what it will do for me.
I am constantly on the go...
So I need a smartphone with a stable OS...one where I don't have to do battery pulls/quickpulls to free up memory.
I need a smartphone that doesn't freeze up all the time.
I want a smartphone that "I" can tweak. Something I can make mine.
One that doesn't have to be used with itunes etc.
Email is a must. A fast web browsing experience is a HUGE double must.
Multi-Touch keyboard.... Love IT;)
Battery saving software...my new best friend. Lol.
Google Voice syncing... Check.
Bedside dock... Check
I have a 2yr old boy & a 6 month old boy. The X will allow me to easily & quickly capture their moments no matter where I am with them.
I will be able to look back and say that Android was what made it all possible.
I also need something bigger than most smartphones due to my large hands.
There are so many more reasons & features... I could just keep going.

Upvote 0
I have pre-ordered mine at BB because I'm currently on AT&T and after comparing the phones that Verizon offers, I really feel this is the one that gives me everything that I want and more. The Incredible is amazing but the Droid X seems far more impressive IMO

I jumped the ATT ship as well and got a credit from VZW for it. I have read so many articles about how crappy ATT's network is and they still put out commercials saying they are #1.

Upvote 0
I jumped the ATT ship as well and got a credit from VZW for it. I have read so many articles about how crappy ATT's network is and they still put out commercials saying they are #1.

Yeah, I saw the credit offer they had but unfortunately my contract wasn't up yet and it was cheaper to let it run than buy it out....

My gf has Verizon and she always has great service. I get 2 bars most of the time if I'm lucky and drop calls all the time. The only reason I went with them two years ago was to get the iPhone...Love my iPhone (although now ready for something new) but hate the service provider. Can't wait to join the Verizon ranks on Thursday :)

Upvote 0
I would never go watch a Twilight movie period, let alone wait in line to watch it. Might as well go wait in an iFail 4 line with the other zombies instead lol.

Just kidding, but I am 28 with a wife and two kids, so I guess my priorities are different. ;)

I'm several years older than you and I love the books and movies. I even took my 13 yr. old with me to see it. (He loves Kristen Stewart)

But no, I'm not buying it because I want people to drool over my phone. lol I thought they only did that with iphones...

Upvote 0
The only thing gawk-worthy about the x is its size. When I wanted the gawk factor, I ordered the Incredible. It is amazing looking to me. I called her "Lolita." I am purchasing the X for function. I will be calling it "bruizer" or something like that.

I think I'm going to steal Lolita for my first smartphones name. Lol I'm also getting the Droid X cause it's huge and I firmly believe that in order to do anything noteworthy on a touch screen device you have to have the space to do it. Also it's in my opinion the first touch screen device that can truely compete with the over model I was looking at the blackberry bold 9650.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones