• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Argh! Having the G1 Service as required and so expensive is a drag!

The one thing I loved about living in the UK was that there is so much competition in the cellular world, over there, that the user always wins. Here in the US they can say "pay this", and we bend over and pay it. My favorite part was that you don't pay for incoming minutes. I could have family call me from the U.S., on my prepaid phone, and was never charged a dime. Try that here that on this side of the pond, and you're forked.

U.S. Cellular doesn't charge for incoming minutes.

Upvote 0
I have no idea what you're talking about, so no, not everyone knows where that train wreck goes. I've never even heard of Cricket.
Cricket was "founded in 1999, provides wireless services to about 3.84 million customers in parts of 25 US states,[1]. The company is a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, utilizing its CDMA 1X and 1xEV-DO networks. Cricket uses a flat rate billing method, offering rate plans from $25 to $60 per month before taxes by way of month-to-month contracts only; it does not require credit checks or long-term service contracts as other service providers in the U.S. The company recently launched the first Advanced Wireless Services network, in Oklahoma City."

--from Wikipedia (There, now I didn't plagerize.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones