• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

As we approach "Week 4". . . . .

it's the best mini-netbook, excuse me, smartphone i've ever owned....

;)

the web browsing (dolphin hd), movie watching (without having to encode!), gps (no, i have no issues), docs to go, youtube, camera/video recording, tons of games that play great on it, tons of apps for it....and the keyboard, yes i use it all the time...

As for any battery issues, i haven't seen any, but juicedefender is a fantastic application and prob has a lot to do with that...

+1 ! :d

Upvote 0
I think its the lack of news and development that is getting people sort of bored. This phone is amazing to me, and yes i do realize it just came out but coming from my nexus having so many updates i'm kind of bored lol. I guess i can use it for what it's suppose to be used for lol **as a phone**, but i guess the inner geek in me is impatient. I think once we see development pick up, froyo on deck, and more custom roms i will be a happy camper (even though technically i am a happy camper with my purchase).

[edit] Oh! And i will not be returning this device. Just hope they fix a lot of bugs in it.

Upvote 0
Ive thought about returning it more than once, weird thing is, I haven't had any issues with it. I think the phone is fantastic but something makes me want to send it back.

The only other phone that I would even want right now is an iPhone 4. but Im not going back to at&t for it..
So u don't have any issues with the 3g upload been capped at 150? And sprint not acknowledging the problem?

Im definitely returning my phone back if they don't announce a fix to the problems.
Im not gonna get stuck 2 years with a phone, im not happy with.

Upvote 0
My Moment is 2.1. Still is night and day next to the Epic. The AMOLED screen seems bland. The size of the screen is unacceptable. This 4" craze has me spoiled. I couldn't go back to a smaller screened phone unless it's the size of the Pixi, and I'm accepting that limitation as a trade off for something that small and light. The Moment, for me, was only useful while I had it rooted.
Even though the Moment is now 2.1? Was thinking that would be the phone for my 17 year old when we upgrade to our Epics. After putting it side by side with the Intercept, it seemed faster to me and the one in the store was still on 1.5.

Upvote 0
My thought exactly. Anyone know if this is possible?

You only have (1) return upgrade, so if you return the Epic before the 30 days, and swap it out for the EVO thats it you are stuck with the EVO.

Another example, you return the Epic and go back to your old phone, you will have the "Upgrade" back, but that is it...the next phone you pick when ever that is down the road you are stuck.

Think about it, if you could switch phones Evo to Epic to... every 30 days upgrade return wise that would be crazy talk.....lol

Upvote 0
Is anyone, other than me, having a tough time deciding whether to keep or return the EPIC? I have never been in a love/hate relationship with a device before. Coming from a Blackberry Curve - I absolutely LOVE the things that this device In fact - I'm waiting for a new app "This thing runs rings around my Blackberry".

The 2 issues I'm having are (what I consider) extrordinarily bad battery life - and the funky GPS issues.

Question:
How often do you use GPS (I mean real world use not for Google Earth)?

As for the battery I put Juice Defender on my Epic and the battery goes all day and then some. If you're getting a little over 3 hours of screen up time thats "normal".

My Epic has the bad GPS, but you know what I havent used it since day 1 and if I need GPS I just use my EVO. :D <--- JK

Really GPS is a drag but it seems to work good enough.

Upvote 0
maybe i'm not seeing it....but where does the 150 cap come into play? i don't really email any files that are larger than say 2mb....

where else would you notice the slowup?

haven't noticed in web browsing and i guess would notice in using Qik, but that resolution is so crappy right now, i don't use it (btw, let's fix that in the next update Samsung)

;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Moment is 2.1. Still is night and day next to the Epic. The AMOLED screen seems bland. The size of the screen is unacceptable. This 4" craze has me spoiled. I couldn't go back to a smaller screened phone unless it's the size of the Pixi, and I'm accepting that limitation as a trade off for something that small and light. The Moment, for me, was only useful while I had it rooted.

Thanks for the response. To be honest, I'd be happy for my daughter to get the Epic as she'll be pretty much paying for the phone so the choice would be hers but with me and my husband paying the bill, I'm just not interested in another $10 charge....which is why it'll either be the Moment or Intercept for her. Her main use for the phone will be text messaging and I'm sure some Facebooking....but I can't see her doing much else with it other than that.

Upvote 0
09/22/2010 10:47:04AM ME: "I don't think you are understanding my question."
09/22/2010 10:47:20AM Agent (Cammy C): "I am sorry for the inconvenience caused."
09/22/2010 10:47:35AM ME: "I currently have the Epic 4G with the upgrade price, right"
09/22/2010 10:47:36AM ME: "?"
09/22/2010 10:48:32AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:49:40AM ME: "OK, so I go to the Sprint store within 30 days and return my Epic and get another phone for the upgrade price instead, correct?"
09/22/2010 10:50:19AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes, you are correct."
09/22/2010 10:51:33AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes, if you will return my Epic phone then you will get another phone for the upgrade price."
09/22/2010 10:51:56AM Agent (Cammy C): "Because your phone is under 30 days return policy."
09/22/2010 10:52:01AM Agent (Cammy C): "Is this fine with you ?"
09/22/2010 10:52:39AM ME: "OK, so say that 2 or 3 weeks later, the problems with the Samsung Epic are fixed and I want to go back to it. Can I then return my other phone and get the Epic instead (again for the upgrade price)?"
09/22/2010 10:53:43AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:54:00AM Agent (Cammy C): "but you need to visit at the Sprint store and inform the problem of your phone."
09/22/2010 10:54:06AM Agent (Cammy C): "Then you will return your phone."
09/22/2010 10:55:58AM ME: "OK, so just to be clear, I can return the Epic within 30 days, get another phone at upgrade price, keep that for up to 30 days, and then return that phone and get the Epic again at the upgrade price. Correct?"
09/22/2010 10:56:49AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:56:55AM Agent (Cammy C): "you are right."
09/22/2010 10:57:27AM ME: "OK, great. Then I will do that and wait another 30 days to see if the problems with the Epic 4G are resolved."
09/22/2010 10:58:07AM Agent (Cammy C): "Sure,"
09/22/2010 10:58:16AM Agent (Cammy C): "We will be happy to assist you."

Upvote 0
09/22/2010 10:47:04AM ME: "I don't think you are understanding my question."
09/22/2010 10:47:20AM Agent (Cammy C): "I am sorry for the inconvenience caused."
09/22/2010 10:47:35AM ME: "I currently have the Epic 4G with the upgrade price, right"
09/22/2010 10:47:36AM ME: "?"
09/22/2010 10:48:32AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:49:40AM ME: "OK, so I go to the Sprint store within 30 days and return my Epic and get another phone for the upgrade price instead, correct?"
09/22/2010 10:50:19AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes, you are correct."
09/22/2010 10:51:33AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes, if you will return my Epic phone then you will get another phone for the upgrade price."
09/22/2010 10:51:56AM Agent (Cammy C): "Because your phone is under 30 days return policy."
09/22/2010 10:52:01AM Agent (Cammy C): "Is this fine with you ?"
09/22/2010 10:52:39AM ME: "OK, so say that 2 or 3 weeks later, the problems with the Samsung Epic are fixed and I want to go back to it. Can I then return my other phone and get the Epic instead (again for the upgrade price)?"
09/22/2010 10:53:43AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:54:00AM Agent (Cammy C): "but you need to visit at the Sprint store and inform the problem of your phone."
09/22/2010 10:54:06AM Agent (Cammy C): "Then you will return your phone."
09/22/2010 10:55:58AM ME: "OK, so just to be clear, I can return the Epic within 30 days, get another phone at upgrade price, keep that for up to 30 days, and then return that phone and get the Epic again at the upgrade price. Correct?"
09/22/2010 10:56:49AM Agent (Cammy C): "Yes,"
09/22/2010 10:56:55AM Agent (Cammy C): "you are right."
09/22/2010 10:57:27AM ME: "OK, great. Then I will do that and wait another 30 days to see if the problems with the Epic 4G are resolved."
09/22/2010 10:58:07AM Agent (Cammy C): "Sure,"
09/22/2010 10:58:16AM Agent (Cammy C): "We will be happy to assist you."

there will be a fee for exchanging and i believe you can only do it once. best bet is to go to an official sprint store for that information. i find the chat agent doesn't always have the correct answers. to think of it, same with agents at the sprint store or best buy or radio shack or ...

your best bet is scan the sprint site for the fine prints, then bring it to the sprint store.

Upvote 0
there will be a fee for exchanging and i believe you can only do it once. best bet is to go to an official sprint store for that information. i find the chat agent doesn't always have the correct answers. to think of it, same with agents at the sprint store or best buy or radio shack or ...

your best bet is scan the sprint site for the fine prints, then bring it to the sprint store.
there will not be a fee if you get tech suppoirt to note your problem first.

Upvote 0
This post confuses me, what is the "problem" with the Evo? I understand you'd want to go back to the Epic if the problems are fixed, but what's the reasoning?

I talked to Sprint in chat today and they said I could exchange my Evo for an Epic if i wanted to and pay the processing fee. I already started with an Epic and then traded it in for an Evo. But I'm still hesistant on which phone I want.... They both have their good/bads. The question is will the bad stuff be fixed and when?

I went to the Evo b/c the community is already huge and developers are constantly working on improving the phone. But boy do I miss the the Epic screen...

Upvote 0
This post confuses me, what is the "problem" with the Evo? I understand you'd want to go back to the Epic if the problems are fixed, but what's the reasoning?

I talked to Sprint in chat today and they said I could exchange my Evo for an Epic if i wanted to and pay the processing fee. I already started with an Epic and then traded it in for an Evo. But I'm still hesistant on which phone I want.... They both have their good/bads. The question is will the bad stuff be fixed and when?

I went to the Evo b/c the community is already huge and developers are constantly working on improving the phone. But boy do I miss the the Epic screen...

Me too I went back to the Evo for now but I still can't get over that screen. I'm just staying with the Evo for now and if and when the Epic gets updated with Froyo and bug fixes, I'll just sell the Evo and get the Epic again. Though by then there may be some other new better phone I'll want so who knows lmao.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones