• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ascend 2 with LOTS of problems

LC71

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
I have done plenty of research on my problems and can't find the solution so I am reaching out hopefully to find some help.

Rooted Ascend 2. Straight Talk if that matters.

Phone will start up and have no icons and no network, constant loop, WIFI works..

I can not do a factory wipe because it will not let me gain access to the menu. Press power and volume up and it just stays on the white Huawei screen. Power and volume down starts the phone normally.

I can admit to installing an incorrect CWM recovery a few months back but never tried to use it.

ADB will see the phone but will not boot it. It is always "waiting for device" and the phone stays locked on the Huawei white screen until I pull battery.

Two other notable issues ......phone will light up when hooked up to a charger, goes to the Huawei screen even thought phone is off and stay on this screen even if it is disconnected. And I should have seen this day coming but God forbid if this phone died for lack of charge. It would take hours of manual on and off cycles for the phone to start normally ,it would never have network connection until I finally got lucky.

Any ideas anyone?

Hey LC71,

I see I'm weeks late here...I don't own an Ascend 2, but thought I'd ask a few questions in case that helps:

1. So, on start-up, you simply get a blank screen? ("Phone will start up and have no icons and no network, constant loop, WIFI works..")

2. Pretty sure that the factory wipe/reset is controlled by recovery that's installed--if you flashed a wrong one, then that would explain why your wipes are not working. Perhaps re-flashing the correct one (or reverting back to the stock recovery) will fix this issue...:dontknow:

I'm going to move your thread over to the all-things-root area in hopes the root folks there can help you out.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks for correcting the post and putting it in the proper location.

I want to make an update of the situation. I still have problems but I believe I am in a better situation.

I left the phone alone up until a few days ago, August 17th. I was gonna give it another go. Phone would not power up it seems to be stone dead. No response on charger. Charged it all night and the Huawei screen eventually came on and stayed on all through the duration of the charge. Took it off charge and it started up like a charm. No loop, fully functioning no problems except missing icons and it will stay lit while on charge if powered off.

I have tried everything out there I can find to wipe this phone back to a factory reset. Still cannot access the meun to do so. ADB...nothing works, no fast boot devices, root denied, access denied. Everything denied. Have everything I need. Stock Rom and Nandroid ready to go but I am stuck. I just want to beat this phone and not have it beat me.

I have tried restoring the phone to a earlier backup using the Huawei Hi Suite but it always fails.

Maybe I am missing the point here or possibly maybe one simple critical direction.

Upvote 0
Thanks for correcting the post and putting it in the proper location.

I want to make an update of the situation. I still have problems but I believe I am in a better situation.

I left the phone alone up until a few days ago, August 17th. I was gonna give it another go. Phone would not power up it seems to be stone dead. No response on charger. Charged it all night and the Huawei screen eventually came on and stayed on all through the duration of the charge. Took it off charge and it started up like a charm. No loop, fully functioning no problems except missing icons and it will stay lit while on charge if powered off.

I have tried everything out there I can find to wipe this phone back to a factory reset. Still cannot access the meun to do so. ADB...nothing works, no fast boot devices, root denied, access denied. Everything denied. Have everything I need. Stock Rom and Nandroid ready to go but I am stuck. I just want to beat this phone and not have it beat me.

I have tried restoring the phone to a earlier backup using the Huawei Hi Suite but it always fails.

Maybe I am missing the point here or possibly maybe one simple critical direction.

All of the Ascend gurus are over at Unleashed Prepaids. You might want to ask over there.

Unleashed PrePaids - Unleash the Power of Your Prepaid Phone!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones