• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro connection to wifi network

Vlip

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
I have read all the online help for Astro file manager (and sent e-mail to the developer) but could not find any instructions for doing what I'm trying to do. I want to browse the file system of my windows home server and possibly my windows PC over my home wifi. I could do it easily on my old HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 using Resco File Manager on WinMo 6.5. There is a network icon on the Astro toolbar but when I press that, I get three icons: one that says "New" and one for wifi icon and one for bluetooth icon. When I press the new button, I get a pop-up dialog for "Add Connection". The choices are "SFTP", "SMB" and "BlueTooth". At that point, I am lost. the wifi and bluetooth buttons are for managing each respectively. I've installed the SMB addon but still cannot figure out how to do this.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Vlip

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones