• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
this is why u get square trade, if they cant send u a phone, they send you a boat-load of money - $50 deductible and then u can go buy a contract-free droidX or something.

That is what I was saying about the insurance I have thru my carrier (homeowners). I pay $19 a year, have a $100 deductible, and am covered for $600. About the only things it will not cover is normal wear & tear and software issues. If there's an issue, I take it to my insurance rep, he inspects it and cuts me a check for $600. As for the Droid X, I dunno. I'd have to see it live first, but then I'd also have to see one of the Incredibles with the SLCD if I had an issue with my Incredible.

Upvote 0
so what if asurion give you a LCD and not the SLCD? Can you fight the fact its not equal?

i dont want to make a long post but asurion has been nothing but trouble for me in the past. the verizon reps, usualy have helped me. i have insurence.

droid x is lokoing nice. i just played with a EVo and i like it too

Upvote 0
so what if asurion give you a LCD and not the SLCD? Can you fight the fact its not equal?

i dont want to make a long post but asurion has been nothing but trouble for me in the past. the verizon reps, usualy have helped me. i have insurence.

droid x is lokoing nice. i just played with a EVo and i like it too

the LCDs won't be shipped for a while. If you receive anything in the next 30+ days it will be AMOLED - hence the continuous delays for people that are currently ordering.

LCD is still being tested and we will be notified when they put it in the mix. Then it will probably be really easy to get an Incredible.

Upvote 0
So yeah.... dropped my Incredible (again) while exiting the waambulance this morning. Well it fell out of it's holster. Anyway, now the screen doesn't work....

I feel your pain. I had my first experience with Asurion today. Screen on my Galaxy S6 Edge was cracked, so I spent $199 on the deductible for a replacement. The box it came in says "we give it a rigorous inspection to ensure quality." The process must not have been too rigorous. I received the phone around noon and it had about 20% charge. After 9 hours on the charger it got to about 43%. I noticed the auto-rotate was jacked (when you turned on the camera it was upside down). I turned auto-rotate on and off, restarted the phone, and the problem persisted. I read some articles online which said the gyroscope was probably fried. Long story short, it doesn't take an electrical engineer to figure out a phone won't charge and the screen is upside down in basic apps pre-installed on the phone. For $199 you think they'd really test them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones