• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Fusion 2 software upgrade?

I bought a Huawei AT&T Fusion 2 prepaid phone about a month and a half ago, and have been mostly happy with it. What I don't like is how you can't upgrade the software. So, I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade from Android 2.3.6 to 2.3.7 or any newer software, as long as the phone can handle it. I rooted the phone, and I heard that AT&T pushes out a 2.3.7 update to rooted phones, but I haven't gotten it yet. All help is greatly appreciated!

This is a copy paste from the first link I gave you, It takes a while to load but it will eventually come up. All these threads are hot links, clickable. I cant make them hot here in a cp though.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade ...
This is the official Huawei Ascend 2.2 upgrade Android Forum thread. The first post here will be updated continuously as new and 'confirmed' information is released ...
Huawei Ideos X3 Software Upgrade Android 2.3.5 - YouTube
Huawei Ideos X3 Software Upgrade: Huawei - Ihr Smartphone Profi
Huawei Ascend 2.2 Software Upgrade Metro PCS - YouTube
Where to find and how to get the 2.2 android software for the Huawei Ascend
How To Update Huawei U8500 to Gingerbread 2.3.2 Firmware - IDEOS ...
How To Update Huawei U8500 to Gingerbread 2.3.2 Firmware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones