• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-order - shipping - received discussion thread

Where did you order your AT&T Note 2 from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but i've never had to do that before, even when I order online. The contract gets accepted when you activate the phone. I'm not going to accept a contract for a phone that I don't have. I'm pretty sure she's just blowing smoke at this point.

Definitely a possibility. I would just hang up and call back and talk to someone different. (or close the chat window and open a new one :p )

Upvote 0
When I logged in to AT&T, they are charging me activation fee even though I haven't received any shipping notification or anything. GRRR :(
This is pretty messed up...

Call up customer service and have it waived. I haven't paid an activation fee on any of our 5 lines in 4 or 5 years. Tell them you talked with someone in an AT&T store before pre-ordering the phone, and they told you those who pre-ordered online didn't have to pay an activation fee or something dumb like that.

Reactions: euna78
Upvote 0
Call up customer service and have it waived. I haven't paid an activation fee on any of our 5 lines in 4 or 5 years. Tell them you talked with someone in an AT&T store before pre-ordering the phone, and they told you those who pre-ordered online didn't have to pay an activation fee or something dumb like that.

lol that's my line. I don't like those silly activation fees either. ;)

Upvote 0
I dont think I had to do that, but during the pre-order process on the website I'm sure I had to check a box that said "I agree to the terms and conditions laid out in....<document name here>

If you buy the phone for $300 it includes a required 2 year contact that you must agree to. When I ordered online, it was part of the ordering process. You may need to call AT&T to get that sorted out :(

Upvote 0
I just checked the AT&T Forums -
Heard Galaxy Note II is starting to ship Monday! - Page 15 - AT&T Community Support

Its (9:00PM Pacific Time) , and Looks like AT&T is continually working all night updating folks (who thought things were over at 6:00PM today) with positive news of ship confirmations and tracking numbers.

So if you still have not got your tracking number yet from a pre-order - there's still hope that you may have good news in the morning .

Upvote 0
Pre-ordered 11/4 got my email yesterday 11/7 saying it should be here 11/9 by 4:30pm via FEDEX. I actually cancelled the order yesterday (11/7) around 5pm because it still said processing and I thought it was going to be on backorder because I ordered it so late. Glad to see they did not acknowledge I cancelled and sent it anyways :D

Upvote 0
Since it looks like AT&T finally shipped the pre-orders yesterday...

Is there anyone who ordered on or before 11/5 and has NOT received tracking info?

If you have not received tracking info, post
  • When you ordered?
  • How you ordered (AT&T Website or over the phone)?
  • If you are premier/business/normal account?
  • What shipping method did you pick?
  • AND did you agree to the 2 year contact/extension?
Not that it will really change anything (and I apologize for that as I wish I could change that), it would just be interesting to see if something went wrong.

Upvote 0
capturempl.jpg

Should be just a little while longer. Waiting sucks...

:(

Upvote 0
Chatting online with an att csr -- trying to see if I can get some shipment love tonight. She's telling me I have to accept "terms and conditions" and accept my new contract before my phone will ship. Any knowledge of this? I'm quite sure it's not the case, but I just want to confirm before I break her smooth down.
I was told this twice, and then the 3'rd person said that with my type of account
(Corporate, but personal responsibility for payment each month till I submit expense report, so to AT&T, I believe they call this a "Personal Responsibility" business account)
with my type of account, you accept the T's and C's when you activate the phone. Which is how it should always be in my opinion. Why create an extra hurdle to shipment?

But if you have a different type of account, ymmv.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones