• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] [Q] CM10 Stable and stock messaging error closing

mrhomiec

Android Enthusiast
May 16, 2010
Arizona
about the last week or so, the stock Messaging app has been getting an "Unfortunately this application closed" message.

then when starting up the app again, all previous messages are gone, that is, until i restart the phone.

after receiving the error message, i've tried to force stop the Messaging app, tried to clear data, clear cache. but even then launching the app doesn't restore the messages until i restart the phone.

and because Handcent and other third party SMS apps use the Messaging app as a reference (i think?) then Handcent displays nothing as well.

has anyone else come across this?

about the last week or so, the stock Messaging app has been getting an "Unfortunately this application closed" message.

then when starting up the app again, all previous messages are gone, that is, until i restart the phone.

after receiving the error message, i've tried to force stop the Messaging app, tried to clear data, clear cache. but even then launching the app doesn't restore the messages until i restart the phone.

and because Handcent and other third party SMS apps use the Messaging app as a reference (i think?) then Handcent displays nothing as well.

has anyone else come across this?

Anyone come across this?

I've started to notice it'll happen more so after I send a text.

But it does happen when I try to open the Messaging app and when exiting it via back button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones