• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix 2 vs Iphone 4s?

Kuhns787

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2010
Oregon
Okay so here goes I have had both an Inspire and a Atrix 4g and several blackberrys. So last week I ditched my Htc Inspire (sold on Ebay) and found a smoken deal on Ebay on a Iphone 4s 32gb. I am so far not really that impressed. I love Siri but that is about it. I hate that everything has to go through iTunes and can't download ringtones directly to the phone even pictures have to be synced and you can't just plug it into the computer and go. Last night it started freezing on me and I had to delete the downloaded apps and reinstall them to get them to work again. The notification sounds still play while on a call very anoying. Also so anoying is it is a pain to send mms messages. No weather on the home scree and I could go on but I will stop here.
I guess what I really want to know is would I be better off to get an Atrix 2. Has anyone tried both? I liked the Atrix 4g I had and the Inspire. I am so stuck on the android platform sure some things you have to jump through hoops but there is always a solution to problems through an app. They really hyped up the iphone 4s and I am feeling let down. I like the battery life on the 4s it is miles above the inspire but want to know how the battery compairs to the Atrix 2 and how does the reception compair that are my two biggest concerns? How do the cameras compair? Any help would be appriciated sorry to ramble just frustrated!

Battery is better on the iPhone.
Camera is a coin toss if you can hold the phone still it goes to the ATRIX 2, if not to the iPhone. Real reception I'd say the ATRIX 2. iPhones still have false signal bars no matter what anyone says I know this by having phones side by side.

I went from the 3gs to the ATRIX 2 and I'm not looking back!

Upvote 0
I had(have) both. I got my iPhone 4S 64GB a couple days after it came out and was happy with it only for a day or so, then I realized I was so used to iOS from having multiple iPod touches that it didn't impress me anymore-plus the price was a major factor $470 after tax.

I liked the feel of the iPhone and never had any trouble with it and like I said I was already used to iOS's quirks with synchronizing (going through iTunes)

So I saw the Atrix 2 and decided to try out Android and the Atrix 2 is much lighter (part of me did like the weight of the iPhone though), almost as fast in terms of UI speed, not sure about games etc. The screen on the iPhone is better but the Atrix isn't bad - my complaint there is the contrast ratio is weird and sometimes dark colors just totally disappear. :( The text is crisp and colors are more neutral (not as pumped up and saturated) than other Android phones here at work.

If you are a big music person in the end iTunes is still pretty damn good and because the Android market is scattered with players that work on some devices and some not..iTunes stands out.

I like both, but I think I'll end up with an iPhone 5 next year.

Camera on the iPhone is LIGHT years better than the Atrix. Low light performance is terrible on the Atrix and the LED flash is a joke..the camera needs a firmware update or something to correct it's exposure. It's REALLY bad.

I'm happy that Atrix 2 isn't loaded with junk and the custom Android UI is easy to use.

Sound quality from the iPhone is better, but only by a bit if you have good ears. Just disable the damn 3d bass effects from the start if you get a Atrix 2!

Upvote 0
I am not a huge music person but I do like my ringtones and have about 500 of them and converting them is a pain and I don't really like the mms thing and itunes is not my favorite. The most anoying thing is getting the ringtone notifications while on the phone. I just don't know I am hard to please when it comes to phones always wanting the best. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones