• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Attempting to update the radio

XxXplicit

Aug 11, 2010
Nor Cal
I don't know what im doing wrong but while trying to update my cousins radio last night, after going to recovery the update.zip does not show up. The phone is not rooted and I di follow the directions for those who did not root but after going to recovery the directions say to press power and the volume up button but it just takes me.to the first portion of that screen. Any ideas what's wrong?

Not sure if you got this resolved or not... When you boot to recovery (hold volume down + power, then volume down to navigate to the recovery menu, then power to select it), you should see an option there that says "apply: update.zip" or something like that. use your volume buttons to navigate to that, then power to select. Wait until you see the red exclamation point then hit the volume up + power.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones