• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

audio adapter thingy

Norrick

Lurker
Apr 18, 2009
its a miracle they included one that lets you use any 3.5mm headset, but i have two issues.

first of all, its as long as a normal headphones chord... so when you connect the two you have a 6 ft chord (no joke).

second, it has no controls for skipping audio tracks or pausing etc... although its not expected it would be nice.

i listen to music when i ride and using the g1 in my pocket is out of the question.

does anyone know of a way to externally control the audiotracks through some sort of usb chord (hopefully not too long)?

maybe an app that uses the answer call button on the existing adapter to control the tracks (think late 90s sony walkmans, 1 click play/pause, 2 clicks skip, 3 clicks restart/previous track) ??

and if not, well then feel free to take that idea and program it if any coders are reading this.

thanks in advance guys.

Rather than creating an app for this I would suggest getting a new adapter, or a new set of headphones. It will be much easier if you purchase a product with a controller on it.

This will prevent you from even having to touch your phone, clip the controller to your pocket(also keeps the chord out of your way), and only ever touch the controller.

That's my suggestion, and probably exactly what I'd do if I were in your situation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones