• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Authorizing Purchase stuck in market?

Eve Oh

Jun 8, 2010
Hey guys. Just got my Evo and I love it but I have a problem.

I can download free apps fine, but when I goto buy one it keeps saying "authorizing purchase" and just spins on that forever. My checkout account shows the transaction and it charges my card but I can never download the app.

Any help? :eek:

I think it's because they just got the market up and running properly again. I had the same problem with my Incredible earlier today. It took about 2 hours for better cut to finally get authorized and download. I tried switching to wifi and that didn't help either. I guess all you can do is wait for it to go through.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue with an app I bought - nose Candy. no matter what it kept validating the purchase despite rebooting and trying again many times. I contacted the developer and he said the purchase was fine. he could not see any issues. a week later I got a refund from him. ill try again when I have froyo on my desire...

Upvote 0
I was in your situation a few weeks ago.

What will likely happen is that your order will get cancelled because of a "market error" and you'll be stuck with a "Purchased" flag on that app in the market, which will block you from purchasing it or downloading it.

Basically, until Google fixes the problem, you'll be stuck.

I've even hard reset my device to remove the "Purchased" flag from the Market, but it doesn't help because it's on googles end... they need to fix this.

Upvote 0
To fix this problem, select "add new credit card" when given the option during the check out process in the android market. Go ahead and add a new credit card to your profile. This will prevent the authorizing problem during check out. Hopefully you have two credit cards. I had an Amex on file, but added my Visa. this solved the problem for me.

I belive the problem starts when you do a factory reset or upgrade of OS. I think the checkout gets corrupted and cannot charge to existing credit cards. Adding the new card will give market a fresh card to charge to, and it wont hang up.

Good Luck.

-Scott

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones