• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help auto correct not working..HELP

agtdroog

Apr 26, 2011
Hello all.. i noticed my evos auto correct stopped working, ive tried adjusting all settings even downloaded some keyboards that come with their own autocorrect feature..but it doesnt show up on those either..so my keyboard is just a keyboard with out the bar on top that shows the suggestions...is there something i can do to fix this? has anyone had this problem with their evo? hope someone can give me some insight on getting this fixed, im on gingerbread 2.3 btw and unrooted

Hello all.. i noticed my evos auto correct stopped working, ive tried adjusting all settings even downloaded some keyboards that come with their own autocorrect feature..but it doesnt show up on those either..so my keyboard is just a keyboard with out the bar on top that shows the suggestions...is there something i can do to fix this? has anyone had this problem with their evo? hope someone can give me some insight on getting this fixed, im on gingerbread 2.3 btw and unrooted

try clearing out cache and data for that keyboard app. and if that does not work, then try a soft reset. power off your phone(you may need to turn off fastboot by going into settings/apps/uncheck fastboot), wait 30 sec's and then reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones