• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Insurance

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
This is crazy. I have auto and home insurance through a major insurance company 20+ years. Wife just paid the 2021 Jeep insurance $390.74. I thought that seemed a little high, so I checked previous payments for the Jeep.

2/11/2022 $314.01
8/11/2022 $368.50
2/11/2023 $390.74

No accidents, clean driving record. The Jeep is getting older and worth less and the price keeps going up.

I then checked pricing at Progressive $278.00 for the exact same coverage. I doubled checked.

Just wrote an email to my insurance agent and told him they were pricing themselves out of the market and if this isn't corrected I would be gone in 6 months.

This is crazy. I have auto and home insurance through a major insurance company 20+ years. Wife just paid the 2021 Jeep insurance $390.74. I thought that seemed a little high, so I checked previous payments for the Jeep.

2/11/2022 $314.01
8/11/2022 $368.50
2/11/2023 $390.74

No accidents, clean driving record. The Jeep is getting older and worth less and the price keeps going up.

I then checked pricing at Progressive $278.00 for the exact same coverage. I doubled checked.

Just wrote an email to my insurance agent and told him they were pricing themselves out of the market and if this isn't corrected I would be gone in 6 months.
6 months? more like tomorrow.........lol

are you sure your wife is not keeping some unpaid parking tickets or speeding tickets from you?
secret stephen colbert GIF

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I have a 2nd car that I need to get insurance for in April Here is how the prices have skyrocketed. It's 2018 Ford Fiesta, 5 years old

$307 current bill
$273 6 months ago
$269 1 year ago

Something I noticed when checking on rates All the different auto insurance companies know what cars I have, who my insurance company is, and what limits I have for each item listed. How did that happen?

Capitalism works if there is competition. I think the insurance companies are playing follow the leader and are not competing. Without competition Capitalism doesn't work.

A few years back cell companies were doing the same thing, playing follow the leader. If they can charge $80, I can charge $85. If they are charging $85, I can charge $90. It wasn't until the new CEO of T-Mobile brought competition back into the marketplace

I have seem a 100 excuses as to why car insurance rates are skyrocketing and they are all BS as far as I'm concerned. I truly believe the problem is no competition and insurance companies playing follow the leader

Car insurance rates are skyrocketing. What you can do to keep costs in check

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones