• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatically sync camera pictures to Picasa?

jsjames

Dec 23, 2009
Why in the world would Google not support this? I have not found a solution that does this as a "backup". I have Lookout but it does not backup your SD card.
Is there a way to have your images on your SD card backed up to Picasa as an automated process?
I think I lost some recently after I did a factory reset the image numbers started over I think and it has overwritten about 50 images.

Why in the world would Google not support this? I have not found a solution that does this as a "backup". I have Lookout but it does not backup your SD card.
Is there a way to have your images on your SD card backed up to Picasa as an automated process?
I think I lost some recently after I did a factory reset the image numbers started over I think and it has overwritten about 50 images.

Does Android 2.1 Picasa sync from phone to Picasa?

Upvote 0
Let's all keep in mind that a lot of Google web services are much older than Android. Picasa was its own company before Google bought it. Chances are it is based upon incompatible technology/code. This isn't a failure on Google's part, they just haven't had time to make ALL of their services compatible. I know the next version of Android will make Google TV compatible with Android. I suspect more and more will be brought inline.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones