• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help avatar won't open

OK GUYS, I DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE THREAD BUT I THINK I MAY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE ARE HAVING ONCE THEY REMOVED THE AVATAR MOVIE OVER TO THE PHONE OR UPGRADED A MEMORY CARD AND NOW THE SHORTCUT DOES NOT PLAY THE MOVIE BUT IF YOU GO INTO YOUR "FILE EXPLORER" AND FIND THE FILE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT. I CALLED TMO AND THEY WERE DUMB AS HELL AND REFERRED ME BACK TO SAMSUNG. WHAT I DID WAS I UPGRADED MY MEMORY CARD FROM 2GB TO 8GB AND HAD A PROBLEM BC THE AVATAR SHORTCUT WOULD NO LONGER PLAY, IT WOULD JUST SAY "FILE NOT FOUND." THE SOLUTIONS IS SIMPLE IF YOU WANT THE OEM SHORTCUT TO WORK. MOVE THE FILE BACK OVER TO THE MEMORY CARD OF ANY SIZE AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU KEEP THE NAME OF THE MOVIE FILE UNTOUCHED. THE ORIGINAL FILE NAME IS 'avatar.dcf' no spaces and don't change the name. Once you've done that I'm pretty sure it would work bc it worked for me. DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE AS I'M ASSUMING THAT SHORTCUT ONLY KNOWS TO FILE THAT FILENAME FROM YOUR MEMORYCARD. YOU CAN MAKE A COPY OF IT ON YOUR PHONE BUT WHAT'S THE POINT. IF SOMETHING DOESN'T NEED TO BE FIX, LEAVE IT ALONE. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT.

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering. I hoped for a way to bookmark the spot, but your reply will work :cool:!

There is a way to do that. this phone is amazing theres a way to do everything. when your watching the movie just press pause then press the settings buttons on the bottom left of the phone it will bring up a menu click add bookmark then when you come back to the movie if it isnt at the spot you left off at just press the menu button again and press bookmarks itll be there just click it. you can bookmark multiple spots on any video. GalaxyS_SuperPhone!!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi all, can someone explain how to change where an icon points to, I see that this has been asked in regards to the Avatar icon a couple times during this thread, but not really answered except to say that one should move it back to the SD card. I would like to know how to do this for any icon not just the Avatar movie icon. My phone has been rooted btw.

Upvote 0
My avatar file was on the SD but would not play after 2.2 update. I did create the "movie" folder, and have transferred the avatar in there via the phone interface, still would not play. Then I cleared the cache as described above, plugged the phone to PC via "mass storage" option, and moved the "movie" folder to the internal phone memory. Unplugged the phone.
Navigated to the movie (icon still did not work) via phone file browser - and now it worked. Then, plugged via USB again and moved the folder "movie" to external SD card. Unplugged - works great now, from external SD. It seems that the DRM has to re-register via the internal memory once it is cleared before you can move it to external SD card.
Also - I cannot find the option to bookmark the movie as described before here. If I hit settings button while paused, only "Bluetooth" option comes up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones