• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Disclaimer: You can only blame you if things go terribly wrong ;)

You could try this rom. I have not tested it and probably will not test it but it should bring you back to full stock B11 including recovery. Let us know if it works ;)

1. Download warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery_2.zip and put on sdcard
  2. Boot into CWM recovery
  3. Wipe data/Factory reset
  4. Flash warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery_2.zip from sdcard
  5. Reboot
  6. Enjoy!

edit: updated link to a newer version for testing

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Disclaimer: You can only blame you if things go terribly wrong ;)

You could try this rom. I have not tested it and probably will not test it but it should bring you back to full stock B11 including recovery. Let us know if it works ;)

1. Download warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery.zip and put on sdcard
  2. Boot into CWM recovery
  3. Wipe data/Factory reset
  4. Flash warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery.zip from sdcard
  5. Reboot
  6. Enjoy!
It worked but there is no network at all. so im have to wait till i get home to get cmw back and flash back.

Upvote 0
It worked but there is no network at all. so im have to wait till i get home to get cmw back and flash back.

i can confirm for whatever reason the phone will not pick up the network when on this stock rom.

Boooooo. That's unfortunate. I will have a look and see if i can figure out why. Does wifi work?

You may be able to flash the b13 update from stock recovery. I recall some people saying you could do it with b11 update. May be worth a shot.

edit: It may also be worth trying to flash this rom, then fix permissions in cwm before rebooting.

edit2: You might also be able to use the zte upgrade tool without phone network...not sure if B13 is on there yet however.

edit3: uploading a new one to try

Upvote 0
Boooooo. That's unfortunate. I will have a look and see if i can figure out why. Does wifi work?

You may be able to flash the b13 update from stock recovery. I recall some people saying you could do it with b11 update. May be worth a shot.

edit: It may also be worth trying to flash this rom, then fix permissions in cwm before rebooting.

edit2: You might also be able to use the zte upgrade tool without phone network...not sure if B13 is on there yet however.

No wifi..... and i lost cmw so im put it back on my phone and flash your B11 stock rom cause i dont have internet at home. im at work now and they blocked all website mostly.

Upvote 0
No wifi..... and i lost cmw so im put it back on my phone and flash your B11 stock rom cause i dont have internet at home. im at work now and they blocked all website mostly.

It was supposed to remove cwm so I am happy that part worked. Being at work with no cwm and no network does put you in a bit of a pickle though lol.

Hopefully this one sorts out the no network problem. It has not been tested so please let us know if it works :)

New version in this post

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
it ask to disable recovery or not and i put no......ill get cwm back on flash back to stock rom and try this out

This rom flashes stock recovery no matter what you choose when rebooting after flash. You may as well get cwm and flash this without using a different stock rom first. Ultimately, the purpose of this rom is to get your device back to 100% stock including stock recovery. That should enable you to get the update.

Upvote 0
This rom flashes stock recovery no matter what you choose when rebooting after flash. You may as well get cwm and flash this without using a different stock rom first. Ultimately, the purpose of this rom is to get your device back to 100% stock including stock recovery. That should enable you to get the update.

Will it update if i use your unmod rom.

Upvote 0
Will it update if i use your unmod rom.

The one that has no network was from the unmodified no root rom. I assume the unmodified no root rom has the same issues. The second one is built from the stock rooted rom which many people say works. I removed all the root stuffs and added the stock recovery flash. It will probably be good.

edit: sorry, didn't answer your question lol. I think you need stock recovery and stock rom to get the update. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
yes his boot give error but boot but when you try to flash the update b13 said give the errorfailed to open/cache/fota/error_code no such file or directory

To clarify, this is what I understand you did:

1) you flashed warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery_2.zip and it went fine, you ended up with stock b11 and stock recovery.

2) you tried to flash the b13 update using stock recovery and got an error similar to "failed to open /cache/fota/ error_code no such file or directory"

Is this correct?

Upvote 0
To clarify, this is what I understand you did:

1) you flashed warp2_stock_b11_stock_recovery_2.zip and it went fine, you ended up with stock b11 and stock recovery.

2) you tried to flash the b13 update using stock recovery and got an error similar to "failed to open /cache/fota/ error_code no such file or directory"

Is this correct?

yes im tired of work

Upvote 0
yes im tired of work

I was never sure you could flash the b13 update from b11 stock recovery. I just figured it was worth a shot. Have you tried going to Android settings > System updates > Update ZTE Software while on stock b11 with stock recovery?

edit: I vaguely remember having to put the update.zip in the /cache directory when you flash it. I am probably off here because I never did it myself.

Upvote 0
I was never sure you could flash the b13 update from b11 stock recovery. I just figured it was worth a shot. Have you tried going to Android settings > System updates > Update ZTE Software while on stock b11 with stock recovery?

edit: I vaguely remember having to put the update.zip in the /cache directory when you flash it. I am probably off here because I never did it myself.

i try zte update tools and now dont detect the phone give a x red scanning ports

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones