• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backing up data before going to Update at the store..

Hi:

Anyone want to test Sprite Mechanic to see if it restores programs to Market and download manager correctly? We know that App Manager and My Backup restore programs but download manager doesn't recognize them and no longer updates.

Maybe Sprite Mechanic will work. I'm not looking forward to setting up my phone from scratch the third time when Android 2.1 comes out.

Tom

Upvote 0
BEWARE OF MyBackup Pro!!!

It failed to backup about 20 of my apps! (both the manual and auto-backups didn't work!)
I lost $10 from the failure of this program! I had the free version of Locale from the market, and guess what? MyBackup Pro didn't back up the damn program!:mad: Now it's gonna cost me $10 to get it back!

So again, beware beware beware of MyBackup Pro if you have apps that you want to keep in the future! (I can't believe I paid for this POS program!)

Upvote 0
BEWARE OF MyBackup Pro!!!

It failed to backup about 20 of my apps! (both the manual and auto-backups didn't work!)
I lost $10 from the failure of this program! I had the free version of Locale from the market, and guess what? MyBackup Pro didn't back up the damn program!:mad: Now it's gonna cost me $10 to get it back!

So again, beware beware beware of MyBackup Pro if you have apps that you want to keep in the future! (I can't believe I paid for this POS program!)

Well, MyBackup wont backup programs that are stored in the app-private location, versus the standard app location. Where programs are installed is a matter of choice from the app developer. If you lost an application, it was most likely due to the fact that mybackup cant backup apps installed to that location. I've used it for almost a year on a regular basis and never had an issue.

Upvote 0
I'm using the App Dragon to go back to marketplace and download my apps. Then use Astro to back up my data. Will update results.

Went to my appt. The store said (after my 45 minute wait) first that the tech that knew how to do it wouldn't be in for a few hours. When I pointed out the info on this forum, they came back with the excuse that sprint wasn't updating the phone at this time and there were "problems", when I again referred to the forum, they then said that their cable to backup "all" phones was broken, but I could go to another store. (26 miles away and yes, it was the closest) I have a feeling that the techs in the first store were just idiots :mad:, but the sales rep was nice enough to call the other store and confirm that they could do the upgrade.

Made it to the second store, again the 45 minute wait, but they were nice, updated the phone with no issues, (they confirmed a few upgrades before me) and I got a clean phone with the new baseband version of cl14. Unfortunately they broke the front piece of my protector cover, offered me a $15 credit since they didn't have any of the official cases in stock. I actually think the ebay one I got just couldn't hold up, the tabs that grip the phone broke off in two places on one side. The back main part is still holding, but probably not for long because I swap batteries all the time.

Did App Dragon end up putting all apps (including free) back into marketplace download history?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones