• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cygnus

Lurker
Dec 25, 2013
So After a long study session I decided to pick up TF700T for the wife. It has everything she asked for and more.

I bought a refurb unit on ebay and it worked great. Then I bought a refurb dock on ebay that was supposedly for the TF700T, and the dock didn't respond to inputs. (yes I checked the lock key ;) ). I sent the dock back for a replacement. The replacement arrived but didn't work either. I got on the horn with ASUS, and ran the serials and such with them. They ran me through the routines and no matter what, the dock remained unresponsive.

So I assumed maybe the tablet was bad. I returned the second dock and the tablet for refunds. I ordered a brand new TF700T from an authorized retailer, and had it over-nighted for Christmas. I got it just in time. I figured I would pick up a dock at a later date. We opened the package this morning, and the brand new TF700T wouldn't turn on! We plugged it in and it had an amber charge light which became green after a few hours. Still will NOT turn on!

I tried the POWER - VOLUME DOWN boot trick, the Power Button for 30 seconds trick and nothing works. All we get is a short buzz and blackness and silence.

I am going to personally bring the new tablet back to the store tomorrow (tired of eating return shipping charges). Should I get a refund and move on, or try to get a TF700T that actually works!!??

Wife wants android, and the keyboard/dock/tablet config, and I like the screen quality, and storage cap. of the TF700T....I THINK!

So is it bad luck or bad choice of product. My faith in this has worn VERY thin. :thinking: :mad:

Please console me. :eek:

PS I have been known to have bad luck with technology.

So After a long study session I decided to pick up TF700T for the wife. It has everything she asked for and more.

I bought a refurb unit on ebay and it worked great. Then I bought a refurb dock on ebay that was supposedly for the TF700T, and the dock didn't respond to inputs. (yes I checked the lock key ;) ). I sent the dock back for a replacement. The replacement arrived but didn't work either. I got on the horn with ASUS, and ran the serials and such with them. They ran me through the routines and no matter what, the dock remained unresponsive.

So I assumed maybe the tablet was bad. I returned the second dock and the tablet for refunds. I ordered a brand new TF700T from an authorized retailer, and had it over-nighted for Christmas. I got it just in time. I figured I would pick up a dock at a later date. We opened the package this morning, and the brand new TF700T wouldn't turn on! We plugged it in and it had an amber charge light which became green after a few hours. Still will NOT turn on!

I tried the POWER - VOLUME DOWN boot trick, the Power Button for 30 seconds trick and nothing works. All we get is a short buzz and blackness and silence.

I am going to personally bring the new tablet back to the store tomorrow (tired of eating return shipping charges). Should I get a refund and move on, or try to get a TF700T that actually works!!??

Wife wants android, and the keyboard/dock/tablet config, and I like the screen quality, and storage cap. of the TF700T....I THINK!

So is it bad luck or bad choice of product. My faith in this has worn VERY thin. :thinking: :mad:

Please console me. :eek:

PS I have been known to have bad luck with technology.

I do think that you have been just very unlucky.
The TF700T does have it,s problems but rarely in switching on or connecting to the dock. Maybe someone else might have a better idea.

Upvote 0
I took it back to the retailer and they refunded me for the bad TF700. I then had them open another new box TF700 that I was willing to purchase; if it worked. Guess what? It didn't work either! :mad:

Here is my take. I think that they had a batch that has been shelved for so long, that the batteries went flat. Batteries generally don't store well when completely dead. I think they had dead batteries that would no longer function properly.

I gave up on the TF700, but I did pick up the TF701 with it's matching dock, and so far it seems to be fine. Upon opening the box, the battery was at about 3/4 charge. I hope this is all behind us now. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
I had bad luck on my first keyboard for the TF700, second one did the trick. They have been out for a year now so the pre-charge on the batteries could be real low. Love the 701 except for the dock, hinge way too loose, keyboard / SD storage keeps cutting in and out. Working on getting it resolved. Tablet is swift.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones