• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad reception ever since

JPhillyBeats

Mar 24, 2012
Hey, ever since I switched to android I've had very bad reception at home...I use to have atleast 1 to 2 bars at home but lately I've been noticing I have 0 bars and my phone drops alot of calls. It seems to have gotten worse today I can't even talk on my phone unless I go outside. This never happened to me before I switched to an android, so is this an android related problem? I appreciate any help.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

argh .. i really don't want to have my phone replaced again and me and my mom switched to android and I noticed she has the same problem ( phone has 0 bars).. I also remember noticing a drop in reception on my first admire before I bricked it, so unless all 3 of those phones were faulty idk if its an antenna defect.

I guess it could be my area causing the problem ( I live in the boonies) but my regular phone never dropped calls like my android does now and the problem only got this worse today...

but thanks guys for the tips, If you have anymore I'd be glad to try em

Upvote 0
argh .. i really don't want to have my phone replaced again and me and my mom switched to android and I noticed she has the same problem ( phone has 0 bars).. I also remember noticing a drop in reception on my first admire before I bricked it, so unless all 3 of those phones were faulty idk if its an antenna defect.

I guess it could be my area causing the problem ( I live in the boonies) but my regular phone never dropped calls like my android does now and the problem only got this worse today...

but thanks guys for the tips, If you have anymore I'd be glad to try em

gotta remember, the android admire only has max of 4 bars, Where regular phones have a max of 5 or more.. So 0 bars for the admire may mean 2-3 bars for a regular phone..

Upvote 0
gotta remember, the android admire only has max of 4 bars, Where regular phones have a max of 5 or more.. So 0 bars for the admire may mean 2-3 bars for a regular phone..

Exactly, android phones calculate bars more accurately, so it may have just been that the feature phones were getting the same reception but were being displayed as more bars.

Upvote 0
I remember reading a long time ago that most smartphones won't have as good as reception as their "non-smart" brethren due to the wifi or radio or something.

I have had both the Samsung Admire and the Optimus M from Metro and have noticed the Admire to have better reception overall.

Also, certain ROMs may decrease reception. I remember reading in one of the Optimus threads that the CM7 ROMs were known to have less reception than stock or another non-CM7 ROM.

My wife and I have gotten used to doing our phone conversations by the windows :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones