• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Batteries & Wall Chargers

kjarrett

Android Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2010
Ok. Have looked at my DInc 1 / TP2 batteries and I'm convinced I'm not going to be cutting any tabs, I need / want a legit, OEM second battery. Who has the best price? I see $29.99 everywhere:

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=27845

HTC OEM 1500 mAh Li-Ion Standard Battery For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible 2 ADR6350 - Batteries - Fommy.com

Which of these if any will work?

Cellular Phone Batteries, Replacement Batteries, Extended Batteries

Next item: Wall / Desktop Chargers. I need to have at least one additional fully charged battery available at all times. So I need a desktop/wall charger. I have the Seido:

Amazon.com: Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger for Use with HTC Droid Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, Droid Eris and Touch Pro 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

and an ebay cheapie one similar to it, but because of the battery connections being reversed vs. the DInc, I'm guessing these can't be used, even if you flip the battery over. True?

Assuming I need a desktop charger for this phone/battery precisely. Will this work?

AC Wall Charger + USB Sync Cradle Charge Dock for HTC Incredible S products, buy AC Wall Charger + USB Sync Cradle Charge Dock for HTC Incredible S products from alibaba.com

Here it is on eBay:

USB Sync Cradle Dock Desk Charger For HTC Incredible S | eBay

I do NOT want a cradle, my phone has a case.

Thoughts? Comments? TIA...

-kj-

I had an original incredible with two 1750 batteries and a charger in order to keep my spare ready at all times. Since I already had all of this equipment, I trimmed the tabs off of my spare. It was almost unnecessary. The tabs barely keep the bottom of the door from closing. Trimming was easy and took 30 seconds, then it fit well. Now I've trimmed them both and my accessory buying is almost over!

I have a Seidio charger for my DINC1. It does charge the battery that came with my DINC2, you just have to put the side up that says "this side down". So a DINC1 charger does work.

I had a Thunderbolt for a month. Instead of Seidio, this time I bought the cheap stuff on eBay. The charger worked just fine for my Thunderbolt despite being a generic.

I doubt if I answered all of your questions, I lost my train of thought watching hockey and typing this!

As a side note, despite using a case myself, I'm gonna order one of those cradles and make some adjustment so it works with the case on. I did that with my last incredible using and old Storm2 cradle. I used it for a year and it is the only thing I miss between the DINC and DINC2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones