• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery always 100% after charge

JDisturbed

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
I did a search for this, and came up with nothing...

The only issue I have is my battery, or at least it's display. I put my phone on to charge through the night, and I wake up in the morning and it's 100%. Great. But the problem is it stays there. I can go throughout my whole day, and it still reads 100%. Using netflix, youtube, surfing, music, etc doesn't change it. I even tried a few battery apps and widgets, and they read the same thing. It'll remain this way until I actually turn the phone off, and start it back up again. It'll only then give the proper battery percentage. When I charge my phone back up at night, back to square one. I really don't feel like powering down and up my phone every morning, lol. Is it something I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

I'm not even sure what "rooted" means, so I'm going to answer no with confidence.

Lindsay, the battery drains like usual, it just doesn't show. If I left it for 24 hours (or whatever it may be), the battery would show 100% up until the moment it would be completely flat. Went by my local Telus today, and no one that was in had a reasonable answer.

Upvote 0
Went to Telus and spoke to a rep that had the same issues as myself. Apparently it happens when you use a charger that's not Samsung. I was using the supplied cable with an iPhone wall adapter. Apparently that makes the difference. I don't know if the phone communicates with the Samsung adapter to prevent overcharging....

Upvote 0
I've used a variety of different models of Samsung chargers as well as a Nokia charger I got with my old N900. Battery levels have always been accurate. What I've never done thus far is attempt to charge using a USB port of some sort. I think that's what the Apple charger amounts to isn't it? As in it's an adaptor you can plug a USB cable into.

I have a car cigar lighter - USB adaptor of charging on the move which I haven't used yet. It will be interesting to see how that behaves.

Upvote 0
JDisturbed, you are not crazy and you helped me solve my issue. I was having the same problem and found this thread doing a google search. I as well have been using my S2 cord with my old iPhone wall adapter. Stoppped using the iPhone wall adapter and voila! Problem solved. Thanks a million for posting this. This problem was driving me nuts. :)

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones