• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drain While Idle

fantomex

Lurker
Nov 19, 2009
The last two nights I've gone to sleep with my battery being 80% or more. I've woken up to a dead phone. I am not powering down the phone, just leaving it idle. My friend with the same phone says he loses 10% a night while idle and he leaves everything on. I have Wifi/Bluetooth off.

I suspected "Wifi Fixer" initially and I've uninstalled it, but it doesn't seem to help. I've uninstalled any questionable apps, killed services, but it doesn't help.

My daytime use is bad, but I kind of expect it. I charge it at night and once in the middle of the day and I'm fine. But I need it to last 12+ hours while idle. What gives?

Here is what I do to minimize battery drain at idle. On one of your homescreens add the included Power Control widget. I use that to easily turn off email syncing, wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc. Then I run Advanced Task Killer (Free get from Verizon's channel on Android Market). I pretty much kill everything running.

To actually test for your situation I would plug in the charger momentarily (explanation coming), unplug it. Do the above tips to close everything humanly possible. Get your sleep on.

In the morning your phone should still be juiced enough to use. Go into Settings > About Phone > Battery Use. This will tell you what using battery power. This battery use graph is reset after you unplug it from powersource. Thats why you have to momentarily plug in the phone so the graph is reset and shows just what goes on during your slumber.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones