• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drains like CRAZY on Nexus S?

Okay, here's the issue... My Nexus S EATS my battery life.

I charged it yesterday (12.31.12) until if was 'full' at 94%. I know it stops charging at 94%, although with patience and a LOT of disconnecting and reconnecting, I HAVE gotten it to 97% before. Anyway, I disconnected it and went about my business. When I checked it before bed, it was sitting at 91%.

:hmmmm2:

How did it drop 3% in about 2 hours? I didn't even USE it. It was awake after I disconnected it and when I checked it. No calls, no texts, no browsing or games.

When I woke today and checked it (as I do EVERY morning) it was sitting at 76%! How? Like I said, I woke it long enough to check the Battery Solo Widget and then let it sleep the rest of the night. I uninstalled the widget and even right now, it's sitting at 72%.

No apps are open... I close all apps when I'm done with them.

What gives? Is my battery done for?

This could be several problems.

1. Do you have an app that auto syncs frequently?

2. Do you have poor signal in your home? Poor signal + searching for better signal = loss of battery

3. Do you roam any in your home? On my gs2 drains mine a bit when I roam.

4. If you've had your nexus for quite a while, it's a chance your battery may start to be wearing down some.

DS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones