• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery indicator shows charging even with no battery plugged

userbr

Lurker
Jun 2, 2015
Hi,

I removed the battery from my Galaxy Note 8 and noticed that the tablet still shows information that the battery is charging when plugged to the charger. If it's not plugged the tablet won't start because it shows the battery on 0%.

I removed the battery because the tablet is not charging. When i plug it on the charger it keeps showing the battery image as charging but it never passes 0%. I tryied another battery and the problem kept the same. I tryied to charge with other chargers but nothing helped.

I find strange that the tablet shows the battery charging even when it has no battery connected to it.

I can't go to the Samsung authorized service center because in my country Samsung support is horrible and it has always long queues to be served. I can't waste an whole day standing on their queues. This is my last Samsung device.

Hope you can hell me.

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I did a factory reset a few times. Each time with one different method. But it didn't solved the problem. I also noticed that sometimes when I plug the tablet to the computer USB port it shows a message instructing to not turn off the tablet while the download is in progress. But as I said I did the factory reset already. I wasn't able to do anything that made the battery goes up to 0%. The indicator shows the battery is loading but it never gets charged.

Upvote 0
My Samsung Galaxy 4 phone (thru Verizon) is showing 100% all the time. I did a factory reset, wiped the data, and this was painful! I downloaded a battery monitor but that still shows 100%. When I did a "spin" on the battery, it did not look warped to me. I have noticed that the phone has been getting hot at times, and needless to say it has died due to being unable to get an accurate battery reading. This phenomena recently started. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Sorry for the late answer.
I didn't manage to solve the problem myself so, despite the terrible attendance and too high price, I had to take the device to a Samsung's service center. They replaced the micro USB port and the battery. After that the device worked fine again.
I hope it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones