• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Issue

A

Android Question

My Samsung Tablet has been having charging issues. There is a red X over the battery icon. What does that mean? I just ordered a new charging cable too see if that is the issue as the wires closest to the ends are fraying.
Is there anything else I can do?

***mod redacted email address***

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be like that AZgl1500...

From T-mobile

The red x over the battery icon means;

The battery is attempting to discharge and charge rapidly at the same time while the processor and antenna are in use. Some devices will not show the red X over the charging indicator but may still have all other slow charge or drain symptoms while charging. If a device’s battery has drained entirely, a lower amperage charger may not provide enough charge to power the device back up.This is normal and expected behavior.

To fix the battery charging issue, follow these steps:
  1. Use the OEM provided charging cable and wall charging hub that came with your device.
  2. If the correct charger is not available for your Galaxy device, turn the device off and charge while powered down.
  3. If all of the above has been complete, and you are still experiencing additional issues, contact Customer care.
HTH

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones