• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Life is SICK on LG4

i know. i'm rooted and bloatware removed. no other special tweaks. I get anywhere from 10-15hours moderate useage, heavy-heavy usage. 8-10.

Tested Kana's heavy game playing for 30mins+ no over-heating..

Of the start, LG did much better on this device than the Esteem. Actually, I have no complaints witht he Connect.

Now that the Esteem has ZVD. It's solid now too. Should have waited on buying the Connect. But it's ok; Love androids and these two are the best metro has right now.

Reactions: reilus
Upvote 0
I'm gonna get a replacement battery at the metro store to see if it helps. As you said above you're not having that problem with 3d games, and my battery life is a shameful 8-9 hours of light usage (texting through the day here and there, and 2-3 calls), I think that would add up if it was my battery dying or defective.

I agree the phone is MUCH better than the esteem in many ways, except the slight 2d scolling/effects/stuttering. It just never seems to scroll things silky smooth like my esteem did on a custom rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones