• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life & lag questions

bluecole

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
I've had the MTS for about 2 months now, and I'm getting used to it. I think it's a great phone and a good OS. But I do have a few questions:

How can I improve my battery life? I leave it on charge overnight, and it's always almost dead by the time i get home. I get a decent number of calls and texts, but not much more than i did with my Galaxy. I have all the extras turned off unless i use them (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc.) I always lock the screen when I'm not using it.

Any ideas?

Also, I've noticed that the phone lags at random times. I only notice it when I'm playing Angry Birds, and when I look to see what else is running, (via the notification tas) I don't see anything. Any idea what is causing the slowdown?

Sorry for the newbie questions. . . .but I see the potential here!

Thanks,

B.

Things I have done to improve battery life:

1. Turn off T-mobile sync and only sync my contacts to Google.
2. Turn off syncs for apps I don't use (News & Stocks) and adjust any other sync settings (Settings>Accounts & sync)
3. Turn off wifi and bluetooth and only turn them on when needed. (Can be easily turned on and off with the power control widget)
4. Turn off always-on data connections. (Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Enable always-on mobile data)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones