• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life takes a dive after restart..

ExPalm

Jun 15, 2010
Somehow, I ended up with excellent battery life for about 2 weeks, The Juicepotter graph would barely drop when the phone was in standby, and I could easily get over 24 hours of use.

Yesterday,the data connection went dead, and the Mobile widget to enable/disable it did not work either, so I power cycled the phone.

Since then, the battery graph drops at approximately 10% every 30 minutes while the phone is off, and faster when on.
Battery charge was 90% when I restarted it at 1330, and I got the "must recharge now" warning at 2000 (6.5 hours) with virtually no use..

Now, one thing I did before the battery performance improved was to go through running apps and force close everything I didn't think should be running at the moment. Many of these items restart anyway, such as Facebook (with I never use).

I've gone through this process again, but it's too early to tell if it worked.
(Wanted: A way to turn off built-in apps I don't need that keep restarting.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones