• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

atom04

Lurker
Jan 25, 2012
I've bought a galaxy w a few days ago. Battery seems to drain so quick. But I don't use it much. Brightness is the lowest right now. Juice defender and samsung's own power saving mod is on. I've lost %20 of the battery in last 4 hours but i haven't used phone. In battery use section it shows that my screen is drains my battery with %50 other things around %6-8 not that much important. What's the problem? I can't figure it out!

You sync'ing automatically, like Gmail, Gtalk, Viber, FB.

Turn off Auto-sync.....

Settings/Accounts & Sync/uncheck Auto-Sync!!!

Only sync when needed.

Also, unless you need HiSpeed Mobile Data, turn off Auto GSM/WCDMA....use GSM only.

Turn off BT and GPS, unless you need them, use Power Control Widget!!!

Get this App and check which Apps are causing partial Wake-lock, and eating your Battery.

If you are a member on XDA, for free here, fair use, and no redistribution, also, thank the dev.

and maybe buy it on Market, if you like it

Upvote 0
me too..
I'd played a couple of run arounds with my W, i have tried to turn off B/T, GPS, lowered screen brightness and my battery life can last up to 2days with medium usage.

Last time, I'd have to turn off my Power saving mode, B/T, GPS, not to sync automatically, lowered brightness, network mode to GSM only, background data turned off - to turn on when needed, charged it while turned off until battery is full and voila, 4 days it lasted! Love my W!

Upvote 0
I have finally solved the battery problem in my Galaxy W. Previously I have tried everything: turning GPS and wi-fi off, dimming the screen, using the standard power saving mode or installing some power saving apps without much success.

Yesterday I have turned off both background data and auto-sync and it more than tripled my phone battery, going from 7-8 hours to more than 24. Bingo!

Settings->Accounts and sync->un-check both Background data and Auto-sync (once you un-check Background data the Auto-sync will grey out).

I am living in the jungle of a third world country where packet data is extremely slow, so it takes long time for my phone to update all the apps and background processes even if the mobile carrier antenna is in front of my room :)eek:).

So for those of you living in developed countries who have the same problem I suggest either doing the same or, if background data is important, try to switch to a different carrier. Maybe trying for a few days with a pre-paid option before going the full distance.

Fishandchips

Upvote 0
me too..
I'd played a couple of run arounds with my W, i have tried to turn off B/T, GPS, lowered screen brightness and my battery life can last up to 2days with medium usage.

Last time, I'd have to turn off my Power saving mode, B/T, GPS, not to sync automatically, lowered brightness, network mode to GSM only, background data turned off - to turn on when needed, charged it while turned off until battery is full and voila, 4 days it lasted! Love my W!

4 days? seriously, man. what battery are you using? Dont tell me it's the stock 1500 mAh battery.

I turn off BT, GPS, Wifi, background sync, set brightness to lowest, also use a pitch black wallpaper. Only use it for occasionally chat with whatsapp. It only lasts for 10 - 12 hours.

Upvote 0
I have the same phone with bt, gps, auto sync etc.. all turned off, if i use the phone standalone without data connection, then it can last for over day. Once I turn data connection on with everything else stay the same (using the app proxy droid), the battery last about 4 hours. So I suspect proxy droid is battery draining? Is there a better alternative app for it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones