• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Performance - Wow!!!!!!

Getting around 16-20 hours of battery EASILY. :) Stock I was getting about 7. :( For 16 hours, that is with 4+ hours screen on. Right now at 89% with screen on for 1.3 hours and phone unplugged since 7am (about 6 hours).

Rooted running Abyss Kernel with SetCPU running from 100MHz to 1.2Ghz on Abyss governor.

Social Hub, Wifi-Sharing, Wifi-Sharing Manager, Software Update processes frozen (huge battery drainers) with Titanium Pro.

Running BatteryXL app with custom settings (an amazing battery saving app).

MAKE SURE TO DISABLE BACKUP in SETTINGS>PRIVACY This is another cause of battery drain as the phone will not sleep properly.

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
I get at least 4 days out of mine.. I turn off 3g when I dont need it, disable auto sync and use Tasker profiles to automate account sync. Turn pretty much everything off at night, and only lose about 8% battery overnight.

I also use Tasker to turn everything off when I place my phone face down.. so just get calls and sms etc...

Upvote 0
My experience is totally different, I comute up to four hours a day, music over BT, phone calls (business line) some internet, mail, SMS, ocasional game, GPS, weather widget, live wallpaper and I still have juice at the end of the day, with moderate use I can easy get two days out of a charge.

I did have one clock/weather widget that alone was eating 25% battery a day, so much depends on what you have loaded on the phone...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't understand those of you that are getting these high hour numbers. I turn off everything not running. Check email every 15 mins, don't even listen to music on the thing. 6 hours maximum at best on my best hair day. The thing slurps batt power.

Are you stock? If so, that is why. Try my suggestions. They work :)

Upvote 0
Getting around 16-20 hours of battery EASILY. :) Stock I was getting about 7. :( For 16 hours, that is with 4+ hours screen on. Right now at 89% with screen on for 1.3 hours and phone unplugged since 7am (about 6 hours).

Rooted running Abyss Kernel with SetCPU running from 100MHz to 1.2Ghz on Abyss governor.

Social Hub, Wifi-Sharing, Wifi-Sharing Manager, Software Update processes frozen (huge battery drainers) with Titanium Pro.

Running BatteryXL app with custom settings (an amazing battery saving app).

MAKE SURE TO DISABLE BACKUP in SETTINGS>PRIVACY This is another cause of battery drain as the phone will not sleep properly.

Interesting stuff. Good to know its possible with a well compiled kernel. Perhaps the Note isn't completely off my list after all.

Upvote 0
To turn off data just hold your POWER button for 3 seconds, then select DISABLE DATA NETWORK. almost as fast as a widget :)

My performance is awesome. I rooted my phone, (no roms) froze the unneeded tasks, then installed SETCPU and bam! awesome! Now when the phone is sleeping it under clocks to 200mhz. I now lose 1% battery while sleeping for 9 hours.

Upvote 0
@McGilli,

Sir, can you teach us a step by step procedure on how to root our Galaxy Note on a safest way? :)

Thank you.

Well, the Note is my first Android device ever, and I only got it 6 days ago. So I am no teacher! However, I found it easy to figure out once I found the right website.

I am also new to this forum, and I don't know if I am allowed to post links to other sites. (admin please remove if not allowed).

I found this site, and this tutorial. The fellow also has a tonne of Youtube videos showing how to root the Galaxy, and all the rome you can run on them. really informative site.

This link is for Mac AND Windows users. I followed this on my Mac and was done in about 10 minutes.

But please, I can't really help otherwise. Again, I have only done this once...

How to Root Galaxy Note! [GT-N7000] | RootGalaxyNote.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones