• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery progressively getting bad until doing factory reset

wrchad23

Jun 10, 2010
Denver, CO
I find that my battery progressively gets worse and worse until I'll ultimately doing a factor reset and it fixes it. It really doesn't make sense to me. I don't use very few applications. The thing is it's always a downward progression. This is the 4th time I've done a factory reset and I will get 16-24 hours no problem. But the last week I've been getting 6-8 hours. It does this everytime, just gets progressively worse until I reset it and it's fine again. It really does only take me about 15 minutes to completely factory reset my phone and getting it back to the exact working condition as before though so that's not bad.

This is not a "oh I haven't charged my phone it 37 hours nananan" threads or any other battery life battle. Just want to see if anyone else has noticed this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones