• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Widget and EVO Experience

B.Risky

Jun 27, 2010
I began reading this forum a few months before the EVO came out and picked mine up on June 4th. I have been able to investigate just about every problem/question which has bothered me on this site, and for that I wanted to thank the helpful guys who participate in the discussions.

Quick Story - I got my EVO from 'The Shack' on launch day and loved it. After a while I noticed the bottom of the screen lifting off of the phone, and my battery cover would not sit flush. I took it into Sprint - they told me the phone was warped because I carry it in my front pocket. I eventually got them to give me a new phone, I asked the lady if my $500 dollar phone should warp within two weeks of use? Now have hardware version 0003. This phone has a bit of light leakage my V0002 didn't and different back cover, overall seems better.

The real reason for my first post is to ask which battery widget you guys are using? Which is best? (I know it has to be in another thread but I could not find it, so flame on)

I have been using 'Battery Left' Widget, but I find it does match up with what my phone info says. I have re calibrated the widget several times to try and improve its accuracy but it has not helped.

Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones