1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support BBC iPlayer not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phil1927, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Phil1927

Phil1927 Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Hi
    I joined the tablet age last week and have had my Nexus 7 exactly a week now and so far very impressed (battery life could be better but I gather that improves over time).
    Many of the apps auto-downloaded from my account (I have a Galaxy S3) but the BBC iPlayer doesn

Advertisement

2. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

It works OK on my N7 (2012) with 4.3.

3. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Waterfoot, Lancashire
    The BBC Media Player does nothing stand-alone, it's a "back end" to apps like the BBC iPlayer or BBC Radio Player, all of which were on my Nexus 7 before I updated to 4.3 and still function as expected.

However looking at Google Play tells me that the BBC iPlayer is not compatible with my devices, so I wouldn't have been able to install it had it not been already installed. I seem to recall similar issues on the previous android update, it seems to be down to the developer's over-cautious requirements about OS versioning.

If you haven't got it installed I'm afraid you'll probably have to wait for the Beeb to get their corporate finger out and update the app's compatibility requirements.

4. Phil1927

Phil1927 Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Many thanks Mr Bean, I feared that might be the case, although I discovered last night that it works just fine through a web browser, so th urgency has gone.