• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be glad you picked up your Optimus V before this week.

I just picked up a NEW one at Wal-Mart in Middle TN for $129!
they had 6 of them right there on the peghooks!

Read that on Best Buy's website like a day or two after I bought mine, thought it must have been a mistake because I immediately went to the RadioShack and Virgin Mobile sites and each still had it for $150.

I was in the local Sprint store today, and they still had the VM Optimus V for $149. Tempted to get one for the wife, but still a little leery about the data problems.

Wow you guys are lucky. I called into several Targets and Radioshacks in my area and they're all raised to $200.

Upvote 0
Wal-mart just stared carrying them shortly after Target got them.

If you have a local wal-mart, check there. Sometimes they dont have them out on the pegs or shelves. You have to ask for them. Most of the time they are with the contract phones under the counter.

Wow you guys are lucky. I called into several Targets and Radioshacks in my area and they're all raised to $200.

Upvote 0
Wal-mart just stared carrying them shortly after Target got them.

If you have a local wal-mart, check there. Sometimes they dont have them out on the pegs or shelves. You have to ask for them. Most of the time they are with the contract phones under the counter.

That is where I bought my two Optimus V phones a little over two weeks ago. I saw one on the shelf and they had another under the counter. I got them to match the Target sale price of $129 but I had to go up to a manager since the clerk and the clerk's supervisor could not understand I just wanted to match the price but not the $20 gift card Target was offering. Glad I did it now since the price has increased. I did notice the Virgin Mobile site still has them listed at $149 but they also say out of stock (at least it did earlier today).

Upvote 0
At no point did I ever see it listed on Target's or Wal-Mart's site.

The Optimus C is $199 on Cricket's website now too. But they have $20 off and a $50 mail in rebate (good luck getting that).

I just got mine earlier this week from Radio Shack for $149, my Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy are all out of stock on them. In fact it isn't listed on Target.com or walmart.com any longer.

Upvote 0
More than likely, that was a promotion (manufacturer's often sponsor these promotions and retails get price protection for selling it cheaper).

the intercept has stayed at 199 even after the Optimus came out (and the optimus is far better).

So, $199 might have been the MSRP price to begin with, but its been reduced to promotional prices during the launch.

just my theory (from working in retail for 21+ yrs).

Just confirmed. Target where I live is now at $199.00 LOL why did they do the promotion of $129 with $20 gift card if they were going to jack up the phone?

Well demand vs being able to the provide service is probably why it's just funny.

Upvote 0
I got so lucky - wanted this phone for a while but didn't get one soon enough. A couple days ago I went in Best Buy and saw that their price was $200. The closest Radio Shack was sold out. I decided to go to another Radio Shack and they actually had them in stock, but the price was also raised to $200. I decided to bite the bullet and get one, and when the guy rang it up the price in the computer was still $149 :)

Upvote 0
Have yet to see them anywhere HERE for $199 IN-STORE, yet lots of $199's on line.

I got so lucky - wanted this phone for a while but didn't get one soon enough. A couple days ago I went in Best Buy and saw that their price was $200. The closest Radio Shack was sold out. I decided to go to another Radio Shack and they actually had them in stock, but the price was also raised to $200. I decided to bite the bullet and get one, and when the guy rang it up the price in the computer was still $149 :)

Upvote 0
Dealing with Ebay and Paypal simply aren't worth it. Remember, you got to pay Ebay almost 11% of your final selling value, then you got to fork over another 3% to Paypal.......Now, it doesnt seem such a good deal.
(Of course, most ebayers just add those costs to the product, do it definately depends on how much one's willing to pay for one of these phones).
Heck, I've had no luck selling mine with two months of free service and three extra batteries for $165. (of course, NO PAYPAL).

That's because the $199 price hasn't cycled through yet. Give it some time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones