• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beatport viewing on samsung galaxy s 2

wreckbeach

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
hello,

i have a samsung galaxy sgh-1727r running android 2.3.5

i was recently on a website that hosts beatport players but when i "tap to interact" i get nothing but a zoomed in but completely blank beatport window. anyone know why? what i can do to interact with those players? could it be a flash version issue??

thanx for your time

thnk yu for that quick reply. being a complete newb, pls explain 'desktop view'. all it seems i can do to access my browser is tap on the "earth" tab labelled internet. i also have a google search bar on one of my pages. also when i go into my flash player settings it redirects me to settings.adobe.com settings manager page with 2 options: Local Storage settings and Peer-assisted Networking options. everything seems enabled.

Upvote 0
If you're using the default browser, you can't as far as I know. You'll have to download a third party browser like Opera Mobile or Dolphin HD (they're better anyway). In Opera you would then simply go to settings > advanced > user agent > desktop. I imagine it's the same in Dolphin.

EDIT: I just tried it, and previews on the Beatport website work in Opera Mobile with user agent set to desktop.

Make sure your volume is up too!

EDIT 2: Actually, it looks like you can change the user agent in the default browser, although I think downloading another browser is still simpler:
http://lifehacker.com/5547037/change-the-user-agent-on-an-android-phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones