1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Beatport viewing on samsung galaxy s 2

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wreckbeach, Dec 13, 2011.

1. wreckbeach

wreckbeach Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    hello,

i have a samsung galaxy sgh-1727r running android 2.3.5

i was recently on a website that hosts beatport players but when i "tap to interact" i get nothing but a zoomed in but completely blank beatport window. anyone know why? what i can do to interact with those players? could it be a flash version issue??

thanx for your time

Advertisement

2. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Try running your browser in desktop view, and making sure that Adobe Flash content is enabled.

Some of these media players are not supported by mobile Flash though. If that's the case, there isn't anything you can do about it.

This is one of the reasons why I wish Adobe had continued to support mobile Flash.

wreckbeach likes this.
  3. wreckbeach

wreckbeach Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    thnk yu for that quick reply. being a complete newb, pls explain 'desktop view'. all it seems i can do to access my browser is tap on the "earth" tab labelled internet. i also have a google search bar on one of my pages. also when i go into my flash player settings it redirects me to settings.adobe.com settings manager page with 2 options: Local Storage settings and Peer-assisted Networking options. everything seems enabled.

4. wreckbeach

wreckbeach Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    i even went to the beatport website and thats not playing stuff either. :(((

5. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    If you're using the default browser, you can't as far as I know. You'll have to download a third party browser like Opera Mobile or Dolphin HD (they're better anyway). In Opera you would then simply go to settings > advanced > user agent > desktop. I imagine it's the same in Dolphin.

EDIT: I just tried it, and previews on the Beatport website work in Opera Mobile with user agent set to desktop.

Make sure your volume is up too!

EDIT 2: Actually, it looks like you can change the user agent in the default browser, although I think downloading another browser is still simpler:
    http://lifehacker.com/5547037/change-the-user-agent-on-an-android-phone