• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio Causes BRICK recovery mode toast

Okay, I am new to the world of android but have a lengthy IT background. Here is story!

Rooted my rise...simple with no problems was working fine. Backed up image like a good boy. Decided to download Beats Audio via google play. Installed successfully and upon re-boot the following things happened.

1. Dropped off Virgin Mobile network, phone dialer will not open nor will messaging or contacts. 3g symbol is gone, but still shows strength bars.
2. Must re-activate phone, after re-activation phone dialer will still not operate.
3. Volume key when pressed will cause reboot or freeze.
4. Every time reboot happens the phone somehow deactivates.

Okay here are the steps I took and no avail.

1. Booted into recovery to attempt restore...error messages indicates "E:Cannot load volume /misc!"

2. So, I found new boot images and replaced the old ones...well same thing happens during recovery mode.

3. Rom Manager....no custom recovery utilities yet.

The phone turns on, acts and looks like a fully functional phone UNTIL you try to use the phone dialer or press the volume key then it dies. Wifi is still operational. I have scoured these forums and have not found a solution. Is there any other way to throw a older rom on so I can at least use this phone? Did I just fry my brand new phone?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated! :D

Okay, I am new to the world of android but have a lengthy IT background. Here is story!

Rooted my rise...simple with no problems was working fine. Backed up image like a good boy. Decided to download Beats Audio via google play. Installed successfully and upon re-boot the following things happened.

1. Dropped off Virgin Mobile network, phone dialer will not open nor will messaging or contacts. 3g symbol is gone, but still shows strength bars.
2. Must re-activate phone, after re-activation phone dialer will still not operate.
3. Volume key when pressed will cause reboot or freeze.
4. Every time reboot happens the phone somehow deactivates.

Okay here are the steps I took and no avail.

1. Booted into recovery to attempt restore...error messages indicates "E:Cannot load volume /misc!"

2. So, I found new boot images and replaced the old ones...well same thing happens during recovery mode.

3. Rom Manager....no custom recovery utilities yet.

The phone turns on, acts and looks like a fully functional phone UNTIL you try to use the phone dialer or press the volume key then it dies. Wifi is still operational. I have scoured these forums and have not found a solution. Is there any other way to throw a older rom on so I can at least use this phone? Did I just fry my brand new phone?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated! :D

I'll try to help, although I've never messed with Beats Audio.

1. It always says this, not sure why.
2. See #1. Also, are they original Rise boot images, or some other ones?
3. Sadly, no there are not. I've tried everything I can think of except the kitchen sink.

Look at this thread, it might help. I havent looked at the posted link myself, but it may help your situation.
http://androidforums.com/rise-all-things-root/652177-fix-uninstalling-beats-audio.html

Upvote 0
I'll try to help, although I've never messed with Beats Audio.

1. It always says this, not sure why.
2. See #1. Also, are they original Rise boot images, or some other ones?
3. Sadly, no there are not. I've tried everything I can think of except the kitchen sink.

Look at this thread, it might help. I havent looked at the posted link myself, but it may help your situation.
http://androidforums.com/rise-all-things-root/652177-fix-uninstalling-beats-audio.html

I'm in the exact same boat as the OP, and tried uninstalling Beats Audio to no avail. However i did notice that a majority of the files/folders it says to remove aren't there to begin with, so maybe that could be a part of the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones