• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widget vs Fancy Widget on Captivate

arthur568

Aug 31, 2010
I have recently uninstalled beautiful widgets and replaced it with Fancy widget along with simple toggle widgets found in the market. I did so mainly because I read on XDA that people recommend Fancy widget because it doesn't use as much battery as beautiful widget. However, I am experiencing ridiculous lag on my home screens now that I am using Fancy widget, which I have not seen on my phone before.

I cannot pinpoint the problem because my market also updated to the latest version automatically last night. Is anyone experiencing the same lag that I am? (takes 2-3 seconds to go from home screen to home screen when it's lagging, but it does not happen all the time). Market is also very very slow now.

I am using unrooted 2.1 JH7 if that helps.

Good to know! Bought the FW today, already had BW. I like both, but wish I could smash some of the features together. I LOVE the refresh of weather when you turn the screen on (I'd prefer just this to every hour, etc type setting). However, I also LOVE the battery %age optional display on FW. (I have an ugly widget to do this, but integrated into the clock/date/weather widget is so nice, much more attractive too.)

I just went in and changed to my location vs detect though, so thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones