• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beebplayer help...?

seymour71

Mar 8, 2010
Ok, I realise it's probably something I'm doing wrong, but i can't get it to play anything at all.

It loads the front screen of the programme I select fine, then when I press play, it goes through the 'checking availability on iplayer', then just says 'the selected programme is not availabvle yet, please try later'

This happens if I'm using 3g, or at home on the Wifi.

Any ideas guys?

cheers.

If you look in the Help menu for the beebplayer you will see that they make the point that not all listed programmes are available and some may take hours or even days to appear, depending upon the BBC.

So I suspect this particular error message may be donw to the BBC. the Help also explains other possible problems that may occur.

Upvote 0
Auntie Beeb has stopped allowing 3rd party software like Beebplayer from showing there wares - unfortunately..

Looking at the link Dave gave it says the change is that the

BBC's content delivery network have turned on 'SWF Verification'

And in the market entry for beebplayer it says

***04/03 - beebPlayer does not use Flash and so is *not* affected by the BBC's SWF Verficiation changes***

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones